Jun 6, 2023

IN WHICH THE SPINSTER STITCHER BLOG TURNS 15

 


I honestly can't believe it. As soon as I find my words, I promise to post them from my heart. Until then...the very first post that started it all:


Jun 6, 2008

OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND INTO THE LIGHT

Well....climb aboard the crazy train, folks. After spending a year happily lurking on every stitching blog, I decided it was time to jump into the fray. This first post will be all about me, since I'm sure you've been perched on the edge of your chair just waiting for this very important information.

My name is Coni and I am the Spinster Stitcher. Now, for those of you easily offended by the term "Spinster", relax. It is my intention to reclaim the title and make Spinster Stitching the most fabulous thing on the planet.

I'm 42 (ahem). Never married, no children (hence, the Spinster). I live in Mishawaka, Indiana with my dog SteweyStewey is a nine-pound bundle of love dressed up in the form of a shorty Jack Russell terrier. More about him later.

I've been stitching since 2003 because my sister told me I was going to. She had moved in with me for a bit and decided that staring at the walls each evening was not her idea of fun in the big city. So we stitched. And stitched. And stitched.

In 2005 I converted the bonus room over my garage into a bona fideSpinster Stitching Studio. Pictures will follow, but I must warn you that my alternate name was The Anal Retentive Stitcher. You see, it's all about the organizing, and I do confess to spending countless hours up there tidying to my heart's content.

I do it all. Cross stitch, needlepoint, canvas work, and hardanger. I'm taking a crewel class in two weeks, so my attempt at becoming the veritible Spinster Stitchy Goddess will surely follow.

Here's what I can promise you, my faithful readers: 1) I'll try to keep the swearing to a happy minimum. 2) I won't go on and on and on about my Stewey, who just happens to be the love of my life and I would marry him in a heartbeat if only he could wear pants. 3) My stitchy pics will be blurry, out of focus, generally terrible in terms of lighting, but somehow "hopeful".

So buckle your seatbelts, kids. We're off!




14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I have loved all the time I spend reading your blog and other entities about your adventures! Please keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Coni! That's quite an accomplishment considering all you have been through over the years. I'm a fairly new reader, and your first post has me wanting to go back and binge all the posts to catch up! Thanks for blogging! I really enjoy reading yours! BTW, I got 505 stitches done on 1 of the 4 projects I brought with me on this trip, while my husband drove.🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s really worth reading from the beginning like a novel or biography!

      Delete
  4. It's been a great 15 years! Looking forward to the next 15 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time flies when things are happening and you have been in the
    midst of great happenings those 15, and what you have accomplished, dear soul....be proud. May the next chapters
    be filled with all happenings that bring Coni all the ingredients of a life supreme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Coni!!
    Your writing is wonderful, and I look forward to everyone of your posts. Thank you for making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing journey, Coni, and I thoroughly enjoy being on the "crazy train" with you. God bless and congratulations!
    -pv

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you keep the crazy train rolling for another 15 years, at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS Coni! I don't remember exactly when I started following you...I believe it was 2007 or 2010. Wishing you many more years of stitchiness! xoxo meo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sense of humor Coni! I have been a long time follower for probably 10 / 15 years. Congratulations on being one of the few blogging survivors. We both share a love of stitching, although our styles are quite different. I hope you keep blogging for the next 15 years as well. Thank you for cheering me up a bit most days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogversary, Coni! I can't remember when I first stumbled onto your blog, but I know I was anonymous for a while ('cuz I didn't have an account).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Coni! (I’m just catching up on the last 2 months) :)

    ReplyDelete