Jun 7, 2023

CALLING ALL CARS

Dearies, I hereby call upon Spinster Nation to help a girl out. One of our stitchy friends has asked me a question, and it got me to thinking about it....but much further and to the point of crazypants obsession (surprise, surprise).

Question from normal/rational stitchy friend: Spinster, do you know if there was a 2023 Designer Series Gingher scissor release?

Spinster: OMG! I now need to go on a multi-hour snipe hunt through the hinterlands of the interwebs to find the ENTIRE LIST of every Gingher Designer Series scissor EVER!

But then my better angels of my nature said "Nope. You have laundry to do and things to write and futzing  and putzing and napping to get done, and SURELY there's somebody out there who will know the answer to this."

(In case you are unaware, GDS scissors are enamel handled embroidery scissors that came out (I think) starting in 1999 and were released periodically.)

Here is my collection all the way back in 2010, along with the dates and names of those I knew at the time:


 1999: Audrey, Rosa

2000: Emilia, Rosemarie, Cheetah
2001: Gloriana
2002: Katelyn, Penelope
2003: Gabriella
2004: Lindsay, Olivia
2005: Amanda, Lanell, Cassandra, Sophia
2006: Julia, Alyssa(*), Jamie
2007: Ashley, Maria, Bianca, Glory
2008: Emma, Freedom, Sarah, Roberta
2009: Criss, Elena, Mia
2010: Charlene, Alyssa (*), Sonya, Ella


My collection has grown a bit...but I forgot to pay attention to dates/names as I went.

So.

Is there anybody out there who would be willing to pass along a complete list of all of the Ginghers that have been released, or if you don't know that...any idea if there was a release yet this year?

Thank you, Dearies!

4 comments:

  1. Gingher said there would not be a 2023 scissor. I don't recall reading a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea on the scissors, Coni! But let me say, your collection is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect scissors, but I collect the ones I like the look of :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an excel spread sheet but it's not totally up to date. Contact me on my blog for your email address and I will share what I have. I also have a collection of Ginghers Scissors and many in their original boxes so would be able to grab pics and share on my blog at some point. My currant focus is gardens in yard work living in the Adirondacks.

    ReplyDelete