Jun 10, 2023

GETTING USED TO THIS WHOLE HEINEY CRACK OF DAWN THING

Good morning, Dearies!

I'm up, showered, almost fully caffeinated, and ready to go to guild. Today is ANG (needlepoint), and we're starting this lovely piece: 


I'm looking forward to it, since it feels like forever since I have played with a counted canvas piece. 

(Counted canvas is when you stitch the design onto a blank piece of canvas by looking at a chart -- just like you do in cross stitch, but this time you're working on needlepoint canvas instead of fabric. This is different than painted canvas, in which you stitch on top of an image that has been painted/applied to the canvas.)

(Yes, Betty. I know that you ate already intimately aware of this fact, but I do get a lot of questions about the various types of needlework that I do and show on this here blog, so please zip it.)

It looks like it might be a pool day today...the first of the year! I'm looking forward to attempting my old lady exercises again and floating the day away like a contented manatee.

Then, I can either play with the new project, or I might continue:

I finished the bees, bee house, and all of the cherries last night, so I'm feeling a bit of momentum with this one. Could a finish be in my future? 

The sun is shining and the birds are tweeting sweetly, so I suppose I better get moving. Time to break out the Wagner power painter and get some makeup on before I have to go!

Happy Weekend to one and all! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. Coni, I spewed my coffee as I read the 'Wagner power painter' sentence. I hope you had a wonderful time at guild. If you get to have pool time, enjoy it as well. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done any needlepoint, but Spring Medley makes me want to start! I appreciate the explanation about the different canvases; I don't know anything about needlepoint, but I'd like to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coni, That canvas design looks so pretty!! I didn't think there could be that much detail in needlepoint but guess I was wrong! I hope you have an awesome time with your guild and splish-splashy with your toes in the water :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin from P'villeJune 10, 2023 at 2:38 PM

    Love the NP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm helping teach a beginner quilting class and it is so fun to see the students complete their potholder and be so excited. Getting my walks in and stitching a sloth in cross stitch. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete