Jun 11, 2023

DELIGHTFUL DILEMMAS...

Sunday dawned here in Hoosierville with a spot of rain, heavy grey skies, and much cooler temperatures. In other words...bliss for a hermit Spinster with an entire day to her very self. (Never fear, Dearies. My beloved JB has not flown the coop. He's at the golfing place in LaPorte, IN and will return to Yours Truly later this evening.)

So the day has begun with the necessary accessories:
Despite its ability to hold a full 40 ounces of damn good, I am careful to only fill her with a good strong 18 at a time. If I'm super disciplined, that means my usual two cups (thus a total of 36 ounces for the day) are enjoyed over a nice long stretch in which I read:
For as long as I can remember, this has been my Sunday treat. I often collect a few weeks' worth and devour them by section every day or so, but only after I've finished the SB Tribune and all of its puzzles. I figure I better enjoy the physical papers for as long as I can, since I'm pretty sure there are only two or three people in the world that still read the news this way and soon we'll be all electronic.

Once a few little chores were finished, I loaded up my sippy cup for the day with lots of iced lemon water:
I broke all kinds of rules with this one, but I vow from this point forward that every new sippy cup that enters CS2 shall cause the removal/donation of at least one old sippy cup from my collection (that we really can't talk about because it's positively shameful in its abundance).

(But I am, after all, a careful custodian of BellyBean, and he really needs as much hydration as possible to be healthy, so this sippy cup obsession is...medicinal.)

Now we get to the Delightful Dilemma part of the program. Your very own Spinster Stitcher now has THREE toys in her current toy basket to play with:
Oooooo! I am so excited to thread up and play today! But which lovely selection will it be?

If only I could stitch three things simultaneously. Alas. But this is positively absolutely the vest best dilemma that I've been faced with, so while I contemplate, methinks I'll ask Alexa to play a little blues and then I'll get on with it!

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. You could have Alexa put you on a stitching schedule with an hour or so on each piece. I think you could have a worse addiction than your sippy cup collection, dear Coni! Personally, I like the sippy cups with handles. Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there are at least 2 more newspaper readers here. We get our local paper and the Wall Street Journal during the week. Sundays it’s the local paper ( the pathetically tiny amount that’s left of it ….☹️) and the larger regional city paper, and will drive into town for The NY Times. Brunch and papers is our Sunday treat - ink-stained fingers and solved puzzles are evidence of time well spent. I agree that it is a pleasure not likely to be available to us in the near future, so we are enjoying it while we can. Hope you had a wonderful day and that it was the start of a great week. All the best, ~Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a rainy night/day, thunderstorms. And now I've got an earworm - the old Eddie Rabbitt song... We are so lacking in rainfall amounts I will take anything I can get! The sippy and stitching look great. I'm with you - I think I'm an ADD reader and stitcher. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete