Jun 8, 2023

WHY I REALLY NEED TO GO BACK TO WRITING THINGS DOWN IN A PRETTY PRETTY NOTEBOOK, BY THE SPINSTER STITCHER HER VERY SILLY SELF

You all know me too well, Dearies, because you knew exactly what I was going to do.

Yup. Ripped that super dark stripe right out and decided to put this in time out for a while.

And then...

As I was washing my hair and muttering to myself in the shower, I decided that life is too darn short for me to continually bow down to challenges, so I decided to solve the problem.

The chart calls for Apple Cider for the tree trunk, which is what I used. But why was it so OFF?! So I pulled my thread ring and started flipping through the colors, and said "Eureka!"

Directly behind Apple Cider was Cidermill Brown.  And three skeins of it! And...wouldn't you know that good old Cidermill Brown is the EXACT color that I had been using, but because I'm a colossal boob, there are no notes anywhere that tells me I substituted colors. 

As soon as you could say "Write it down, Spinster!"  I had the tree finished and happily moved on to the bees.


Tomorrow I will find one of the bazillion lovely little stitchy notebooks I have stashed away, and I'll start writing things down.

Now I just wish I knew what the heck fabric I substituted!
 

5 comments:

  1. Suggestion: Next time you stitch a plant with an overdye, stitch in the direction of growth. The tree trunk would have vertical rows and when you started the limbs your stitching would follow the direction they grow which is often horizontal. Stitching following the outline naturally gives you the correct flow of the overdye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see these pieces come back out and get some love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless the people who write themselves notes. I have a project that may never get done because I have no clue how many strands of floss I was using. But earlier today I amazed myself when I pulled out a UFO and found a note to tell me how many strands and how many wraps for the French knots

    ReplyDelete