Jan 28, 2022

FRIDAY




I'm  headed back to bed, Dearies, but wanted to answer some quick questions...I can't figure out how to reply directly.

BIOTIN, Yes, I have heard of this but cannot take it. (Or anything else via supplements, vitamins, pils, etc.)

HAT: Yup...looking into something simple.

SHOTS: I got a flu shot and a second booster today. The second booster is because of my immuno suppressants.

SHINGLES VAC:  Can't get that for another month yet.

IBUPROFIN: Is a no no for me. But I can take Tylenol.

ME BITCHING ABOUT HAIR LOSS WHEN I JUST GOT A KIDNEY: No, Betty, I'm not bitching about it, exactly. It's more of an inconvenience to try to keep the darn drain from getting clogged. I understand that this is a normal side effect of medication, and I am happy to rock a beanie on my head while my new beanie does his thing.

(Besides, Rich has a head of hair full enough for both of us, so I'm not worried at all)

Thank you, though, to the rest of you for your lovely comments and encouragement and funny stories (I can't believe I didn't think to save Stewey's beautiful downy fur to make myself a little wiglet.)

Happy Friday, Dearies! I hope you are well and warm and safe and dry! 

10 comments:

  1. Have you tried Nioxin shampoo and conditioner? maybe worth a go.... I use it as I loose hair due to coeliac disease. Not the same as a kidney replacement but might help Robyn Sydney Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Nioxin shampoo and conditioner myself in the past when I was having some hair loss problems. It was expensive; but highly recommended. I am sending prayers your way. Hang in there. You are going through so much. Rest and just do your best. Following doctors rules are important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care dear Spinster....luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard you joke a couple of times about your hair loss, but not once have you complained so I don't know why Betty is getting on your case. We all know you are more than grateful for your new kidney and wouldn't think to complain. So just ignore Betty, she obviously doesn't have a life. And I have no doubt your hair loss is temporary, but Betty? Well......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big hugs because you'll come through this part with shining colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no really useful ideas on the hair loss. Other than cut it short - really short. As to the drain - get one of those filters that cover the drain, they do work well to catch hair.

    I'm glad your lab work continues to be good, and hope there's no more weather issues, any issues I should say, goofing up your Cleveland appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a restful weekend, dear Coni! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The thoughts of you with a little wiglet of Stewey's fur made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A comment is just that, a comment. It is not and never will be a complaint! I get it; it's 20 years now, but I had a liver transplant so I know. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just to let you know that my old kidney , son’s new kidney , also known as Sidney , is still working well 11 years later . Sidney Day in our family is in 3 weeks time . He is currently doing a big bike ride with his brother , has had a daughter, runs half marathons and is enjoying life to the full . This stage will pass . Take care of you .

    ReplyDelete