Nov 26, 2021

SCENES FROM A SPINSTER/JB THANKSGIVING






Well, I might have been just very slightly off my Ina game, but I did manage to assemble a little feast for the two of us. The turkey was delicious, and although I didn't make Sagaponak Corn Pudding this year, everything was lovely.

Today we went for breakfast, a covid booster for JB, and provisions at the Martin's. I came home and made a very good dent in my Indy stuff mess, and am happy to report that all of my clothes, toiletries, and kitchen goods are all put away. I have a few boxes of mail and about ten packages that were delivered while I was away, but I have plenty of time to get things completely sorted.

I think I'll snuggle under my Snoopy blanket now and do a little coloring before bedtime, Dearies! I did pull my Christmas stitching basket out of the cube room studio, earlier, so tomorrow promises to be a return to stitching in a big way!

Happy Friday! I hope this finds you well and safe and happy. Come tell me all about it!


P.S. Before you all think me crazy for buying four pies for two people...our ice cream shop in front of the apartment had a deal...four MINI pies with ice cream, whipped cream, and caramel. I had a little bit of pumpkin pie and a little bit of cherry, thankyouverymuch!


15 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! So glad you had a lovely day. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo!Looks delightful! Gobble gobble!!!!! Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you were able to spend Thanksgiving at home! Those pies look amazing! - Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing feast!

    I am at a craft show on Saturday, having stitched all year to have a bunch of things to appeal to a range of people. Fingers crossed it goes well, as all the proceeds will go to my favourite charity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh quite the spread! Enjoy the snuggling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A veritable feast! Enjoy your Christmas stitching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! It looks like you won't need to cook for a day or two.

    Today I hope to get the inside of the needle book finished, then it's on to assembling it all. And shoveling the email out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are getting around and making progress both recovering and living. Glad to hear it. Nice feast. We spent this holiday in outer banks NC, had steak for Thanksgiving and enjoyed the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mini-pies are a great idea! A few bites will satisfy the craving for the holiday flavor with minimal damage done to the waistline! I'm glad you got to celebrate the holiday at home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for mini pies! How was the cherry? Glad you pulled your Christmas basket and look forward to seeing what you pull to work on! I am thankful that you were able to be back in CS2 for Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful Saturday, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw the pies I thought that's a lot for 2. But since they are minis that about right. Pace yourself and you will be fine, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pace, pace, pace--sounds like that's what you're doing, and I'm proud of you! Everything looks wonderful. And I, too, am thinking about Christmas XStith now- time to put away the autumn leaves and stitch up some mittens :)

    Have a restful weekend, Coni. God bless. -p.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every thing looks so delicious and just the kind of leftovers
    that make the weekend after Thanksgiving more leisurely... To
    be home at last for this season must have been so meaningful to you and JB. What could be better, and to boot, a basket of stitchery to pick and choose for entertainment? Relax and
    enjoy this bounty...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds lovely. We had a mild, quiet Thanksgiving. & after everyone went to bed, one of my daughters & I shared some pumpkin pie by ourselves

    ReplyDelete