Nov 25, 2021


 

There 's a line in You've Got Mail that has been a big part of me for quite some time now about leading a small life. Valuable, but small. 

I've always loved that line, and have adapted it to my own "I lead a small, happy life", a line that I have repeated to anyone who wanted to hear it.

Now, though, I have changed it again to acknowledge the year I've had: "I lead a small, happy life with enormous blessings".

The blessings of my life overwhelm me sometimes, because I feel a responsibility to be worthy of them, and I often worry that I won't be up to the task. But grateful, thankful, blessed, and happy I remain, and on this Thanksgiving I am particularly aware of just how wonderful this life of mine is.

Thank you, Dearies for being one of those enormous blessings, and for lavishing your love, support, encouragement, prayers, and wisdom on me through thick and thin.

My wish for you is that you will be equally blessed and that life will be full of love, health, happiness and enormous blessings of your own.

19 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Coni. You are deserving. Just take one day at a time. Breath. Thank God. Live your simple but joyful life. I also have a simple but joyful life and it is lovely. May your day be filled with love, light and a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to you and yours, Coni. We're living life vicariously thru you- you've had enough adventures for a lifetime in just the past 3 months! Be well- p.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto back to you, dear one; love,health, happiness and enormous blessings. That you acknowledge the miracle you have
    been given is enough to keep you redeeming it and who knows
    better than we just how well you do that. Thanksgiving blessings to you and JB for a fulfilling and enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right back atcha Coni! Wishing you & yours (and your new 'bean') a most joyous Thanksgiving! 🦃🦃🦃🦃

    Luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings….on us all. Happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving coni...continued blessings on you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  7. None of us deserve the blessings bestowed on us. Saying you are thankful, grateful, and acknowledging God from whom all blessings flow is enough. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving from a neighbour up north!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Thanksgiving from western Massachusetts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you - small lives are gorgeous!!
    Happy Thanksgiving, Coni & JB 😃

    ReplyDelete
  11. May Blessings abound, and we continually be attentive to and grateful for them.
    Happy Thanksgiving, JB, Coni, and Baby Bean 😃😎

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving Coni. You are most definitely blessed, and you are a blessing to us! Thank you for sharing your story with honesty, humor and love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving Coni and Mr JB - and everyone else celebrating the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I’m thankful for you! Sharing your story including the ups and downs is such a blessing to me and many others. I love your wit, sense of humor and determination. Never stop being your awesome self.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coni, hope you and JB had a very blessed Thanksgiving. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Thanksgiving to you and JB! Wishing you continued health and bountiful blessings. Thanks for being the amazing you that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all your followers! And I love your quote. It is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Coni. That is a wonderful wish, and coming from you makes it powerful as well. I hope you, JB, Aunt Chrissy and every one who reads your lovely blog will have happy, healthy, cheery times for the whole of this year and the next and the next ... enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete