Nov 12, 2021

IN WHICH GOD DIDN'T LAUGH AT MY PLAN!!

WooHoo!

Well, Dearies, we have a plan! And, it is almost exactly the same as my super duper secret plan that I hoped and wished would come true!

Three more clinic visits here in Indianapolis and I can look forward to going home on Tuesday afternoon, November 23!

The wound vac will come off on Tuesday, a home health nurse will be arranged to make sure the incision continues to heal nicely with just regular gauze bandages, and I will be able to do my follow up visits with the post-transplant team at my nephrologist's office in Mishawaka!

I was honestly planning on weekly trips back and forth for quite some time, but my recovery is going well enough that the docs can watch me remotely with labwork and telephone visits.

The weekend is upon us, and my plan includes lots of resting, lots of stitching, lots of coloring, and thanks to some time spent at the Barnes and Nobles, lots of reading!

I hope you have an amazingly fabulously wonderful few days! Come tell me all about YOUR plans!

26 comments:

  1. Could there be any better news than going HOME ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!! That is absolutely wonderful news! Enjoy your weekend and all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news. It's so nice to hear of something working well in this world. A different Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni that is wonderful news! Tuesday will be here before you know it. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so happy to hear this and so happy for you...Home! the very best place to be! Luv,

    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Click your heels...there's no place like home! Such wonderful news for you. Thanksgiving at home. I'm always praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news, going home soon, healing continues, and being able to stitch some. Great progress. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praises and thanksgiving to the Bestower of answered prayers.
    What a blessing to hear this good news.... you are on the way
    to continued renewal of life and complete recovery...hold on to
    that. Hope you enjoy the weekend thoroughly .

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be a Thanksgiving to remember! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's great news! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such good news for you Coni! You've made amazing progress, I'm so pleased for you. Enjoy your stitching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly a blessed Thanksgiving for you this year. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best Thanksgiving news!!!!
    I bet you can not wait to sleep in the big girl sleigh bed!
    Woot! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a blessing to read that news this morning, Coni. Continue on doing what you have been doing and keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coni, you just made my day! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How appropriate to be able to go home during Thanksgiving week. So much to be thankful, grateful, and blessed for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joy, joy, joy!! Hubby's and my plans are to leave soon for Ontario to visit our son and his family, whom we have not been able to see in person for over three years, for various reasons, including the pandemic. So we're excited. VERY excited for YOU! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that is the most wonderful news! I am so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy to hear you are going home soon. Prayers for your continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This will be an awesome Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A true Thanksgiving to have this year!
    Continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete