Jun 27, 2021

WHOA...NELLY!




It feels like a long time since we've had crazy summer storms, but yesterday surely made up for it. At one point the tornado sirens were going off and my poor neighbor next door was in a complete panic. He's a single dad, I think, and from overseas, so he was unsure what to do.

We have a ground floor clubhouse here with interior rooms, so I told him that was an option, or our laundry rooms or bathrooms are also interior, so I told him he and his little could head in there if they didn't want to leave the house.

As for me...I stayed in the Happy Chair with my eyes on the news and closed the front window blinds that face the direction of the way things roll in. It was, though, pretty cool to see the clouds coming over the horizon.

Stitching and laundry and nails today. The air outside is positively beastly with humidity, and it looks to rain off and on again today and most of the week ahead. Hopefully, though, no more severe things out there to send us scrambling.

Happy Sunday, Dearies! Hope you're having fun and will come tell me all about it!



3 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe. Your poor neighbor. If you're not used to it, I'm sure it can be terrifying. I love a good storm. That said, we were smack dab between twin tornados swirling parallel about about two miles apart a couple summers back. We had lots of trees down. It took off part of the roof to my school close to where my classroom was. Water damage so I lost all my stored handmade costumes. So much local damage. But I'm still probably one of those weather nerds that goes out to see what it looks like. Having lived most of my life in the midwest, I'm not sure what was worse, tornados or the earthquakes when we lived in California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well with you, Coni! I hope your neighbor is okay and has figured out a safe place to go. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that is scary! Stay safe! Glad you had your stitching to keep you occupied.

    ReplyDelete