Dec 23, 2020

IN WHICH WE DON OUR SPINSTER APPAREL...


Well, Dearies...here we are in the d-chair wearing our silly Santa pants.

My pod mates were not at all impressed by my efforts, but I did het a chuckle out of a guy delivering office supplies.

Oh well.

Last treatment before Christmas! Since it falls on a Friday this year, our schedules have been adjusted to Saturday. The same will take place next week with the entrance of the new year.

I managed to do ALL of the laundry yesterday, including all of the towels and sheets. I use the Tide One Wash Miracle on them about once a month, and it makes a huge difference! It keeps them fresh smelling and really clean. Pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

I started a Mill Hill sleigh, but can't show you the progress at the moment. It is buried under blankets and such in my big tote bag, and Buzzy has already misbehaved enough to designate me as the naughty chair in my pod. (I hate being the naughty chair.)

Today will be quiet and restful since I got everything done yesterday. I did manage to clean the oven without catastrophe. I removed the racks and everything from the lower drawer, opened all of the windows and put the fans on blast and let 'er rip. It took about three and a half hours, and while I wouldn't say it sparkles...it's clean. (But if anybody knows how to get that glass window clean...I'm all ears.)

Christmas will be so very different for so many of us this year, that I hope and pray we can all embrace the change and focus on the good. My Jersey Boy and I will combine some of our family traditions for the first time, and I hope will create some new ones.

Wherever you are...whatever you do...I hope the next few days and weeks are peaceful and happy and healthy and wonderful for you. I can't wait to see all the things, and look at all of the food, and admire all of the stitching!

Merry Christmas and a very HappyNew Year, my very dear and very much loved little family! God bless and keep you and may all of your Christmas dreams and wishes come true!

24 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas, Coni. Love from England x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back atcha Coni! Wishing you and your JB much happiness and prosperity in the new year! Luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, about the oven window? I try to remember to wipe it down after cooking something splattery in the oven before it has a chance to dry on. Emphasis on try to remember. Before I run the clean cycle, I'll take some soft scrub and a sponge and give it a good rub. Never looks sparkly but it helps.
    And I love your cute Santa pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bar Keepers Friend is great for cleaning the oven door. Also if you have not tried Lysol Sanitizer for laundry I recommend it highly. My towels were musty and stiff. Washed them with hot water and 2 caps of Lysol and they were like new. Now I use half a cap with each load of laundry as my loads are small with only 2 of us. It also kills any virus such as flu and covid. Geez I sound like an advertisement LOL. Merry Christmas to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and JB as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have heard... (heard and do not know for certain) that the glass windows may slip out for cleaning. Contact the Maintenance Dept. at Chez 2 and perhaps they can assist you with that.
    Here's hoping for a great 2021 where we can stick our tongues out freely at our neighbors in cars without the risk of Covid. We're rooting for you Coni!
    Ruth in Oxnard CA> USA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you and your Jersey Boy! Love the pants! Making a standing crown roast is just about the easiest fancy food to make. If you want to do it again sometime please let me know, I have a yummy stuffing to go inside! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas, Coni! I have lived far from family for 20+ years, so my husband, son, and I have made our own traditions and found it’s sort of fun to do so sometimes. Takeout Chinese typically plays a part. I hope others can find the quirky joy in doing so this year. Here’s to a better 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Christmas greetings from New Zealand where it is meant to be summer but is actually cool and wet. We are holding out for a fine Christmas Day. Also wishing you a very healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merry Christmas to you Coni and your Jersey boy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Coni to you and JB. May next year be filled with health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Santa pants! So cute! Hope the rest of your treatment went well and wishing you a very merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year, Coni 💖🌲

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the Santa pants! Brilliant! Merry Christmas to you and Mr JB. It will be a fun one for you both (in spite of the rubbish year the world is in) as you settle into mixing traditions and creating your own special ones. Have a wonderful time and a very, very Happy New Year to you both. May it bring a special day that you need and worked so hard for. Thank you for all the laughs, funny pics and all that comes wrapped up in a Coni parcel. Love from me xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas to you both and here's hoping for a much better 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coni, May you and your Jersey Boy have a wonderful, happy and safe Christmas and may 2021 bring you joy and good health. Thank you for sharing this year with all of us. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Regarding the oven glass . . . I use Mr Clean Magic Erasers (I found this on Pinterest once) and it truly works! Moisten the Magic Eraser and leaving it pretty wet, swirl it around the inside of the oven door. Let soak for 5 or more minutes. Scrub and wipe clean. Repeat as necessary. Depending on the length of time the the food as been on the glass it may take some serious elbow grease but your efforts will be rewarded with sparkly clean glass! Merry X-mas and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Merry Christmas, Coni and Jersey Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heartfelt wishes for you and the Mr. Sounds like you have most matters in hand! We're hunkering down instead of traveling to NC because of the surge both there and in TN. Christmas dinner will be leftover meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Yay for the "mike" oven! And I'm happy to announce that I've "graduated" from PT for my scoliosis; I'll have exercises to do for the rest of my natcheral life, but at least I can walk without a cane. Yaay again! May your stitching progress, you're killin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The oven doors have screws in them and you can easily remove the glass and clean. The crud in inside the glass. It’s easy. Then buy those bottom liners for ovens. Silicone like very thin black sheets that stay on oven bottoms. Never dirty oven again. Buy at amazon. They work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually came here to say all of those same points! I will add that you can find tutorials on Pinterest

      Delete