Oct 9, 2020

ANOTHER FRIDAY IN HOOSIERVILLE

Well, here we are again, Dearies...doing our thing in the d-chair:


A new tech was assigned to my chair today, and the poor thing was very upset about having to struggle so with Mr Buzzy. I tried to reassure her that it wasn't a reflection of her skills, but the poor thing took it all very personally. Apparently she is accustomed to getting yelled at by the nasty old lady in Pod Two, so when a patient just sits quietly and breathes through the pain and pitiful tears flow silently down her chubby cheeks, it's upsetting.

(I'll never understand that...a patient who comes in here and feels compelled to abuse the very people who are keeping us alive. And they're doing it for very little money and under ungodly stressful circumstances. Yes, we're in pain and don't feel good most of the time, and this whole experience is generally unpleasant....but it's AMBULATORY LIFE SUPPORT for pity's sakes....not the Ritz Carlton Day Spa.)

(End of rant.)

Good progress on Pretty Pumpkins last night:

I finally feel like I have achieved stitchy peace with my "kit", 28ct Picture This Plus linen, and enjoying one project at a time. It must be an age thing, because I look back at this here blog from years past, and it seemed like I was constantly flitting from thing to thing in search of the perfect basket, project, rotation, and whatnot. Now I feel like I am truly enjoying this thing of ours fully and completely and happily.

We were going to order in for dinner, but I got inspired and cooked instead:


Crab cakes, roasted red pepper aioli, mashed potatoes, and green beans.  Oh....it was all so good, and I am happy to report that my on weight today was within acceptable levels. Woo hoo,indeed!

So that's the Friday report from here in Hoosierville, my friends. I'll leave you with a request, please. I got word last night that my goddaughter Sara (who was scheduled to get married on October 2nd of next year) is getting married on Sunday instead. Her fiancé's mom is ending her battle with breast cancer, and the kids decided to move up the nuptials so she could attend. It will be a small family ceremony, but perfect, I'm sure. If you would...please say a little prayer for them for peace and love as they navigate through this.

Happy weekend to one and all! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for teaching me how to attach your pattern (still not sure what a clip chip is). Clever!! I think the "punkins" will be cute. I'm going to get all set up today to start stitching the cute jars I will get from Adorn It (that is not a paid advertisement - just discovered these cute patterns).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A chip click is the large plastic clip used to shut bags after they have been opened.

      Delete
    2. Well, dah! Do I ever feel stupid...I use "chip clicks" all the time, just never related them to my second favorite thing to do...stitch (chips/food come in first favorite)...Thanks for keeping me up to date!!

      Delete
  2. Prayers for your Sarah , her fiancee, especially his Mom and the whole family - that plans will proceed with ease and that all will know peace, hope, joy and the assurance that God is holding them close in love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rant away - it was so mean to the poor girl and you were there to pick up the pieces. The dinner looks lovely and your weight on track again - brilliant.
    I feel for your goddaughter, my daughter is doing the same as my father-in-law has the bone cancer racing through. Their wedding is now on the 2nd November because we don't know if he'll make it to the end of the month. So I understand and I wish the couple all the best and hope his mum can enjoy the day as much as she can in comfort.
    Take care and have a good weekend Coni. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, you can rant all you want. It is a good way to release the negative and/or stress. I don't understand a person's need to yell at someone who is simply trying to do their job. Oh well, as my grandmother would say it takes all kinds. Praying for your goddaughter and her fiancé along with the family as they navigate this journey. Wishing them much happiness and that this will bring his Mom peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture of your dinner has my belly growling! Looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A prayer for your goddaughter and family and their nuptials. And for The Complainer in Pod 2 -- she's not at peace herself. A thumbs up for your trying to sustain the tech in her frustration, rising above your own discomfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for your goddaughter and her upcoming wedding. On a humorous note...whenever you call our hobby "this thing of ours," it makes me think of a scene in The Sopranos where Tony refers to "this thing of ours." Of course, he's not referring to stitching.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good eye, Carolyn! I absolutely am referencing The Sopranos when I use the term "this thing of ours"...more gentle and obscure than "stitchy mafia" I think.

      Delete
  8. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete