May 5, 2020

TUESDAY SPINSTER BLISS

I have to eat two eggs every day for the protein, so I put them in my egg making microwave thingies and then put them on top of a toasted bagel.

(There may or may not be Canadian bacon and American cheese as part of this little party too, but that's another story for another day.)

(Besides, the blueberries cancel out anything bad on the plate. Did you know that eating blueberries helps reduce the stress hormone cortisol?)


I often show you my view from the Happy Chair, but this view is one that makes me equally as happy as I putter behind the sink. I liked my kitchen at Chez Spinster, but the view here at CS2 is much better I think.

This seems to be my favorite peppermint tea at the moment, but I do wish it packed a caffeine punch. It is extremely fragrant, and when I took it to the d-chair with me my podmates said the scent was very soothing and refreshing. I will sometimes add a bag of black tea/full caffeine if I'm feeling particularly slumpy, but today I'm pretty good and just wanted a little something hot to sip.

I just couldn't help myself and picked up Baked Alaska again. This time I'm stitching the lower left quadrant.

Poor Magoo. He has been so very desperate for the sports that he's become positively twitchy. Tonight, though, he was able to watch Korean baseball on the ESPNs.

Dinner was a Chinese chicken salad from the Applebees. I realize now that tacos would have been a perfect choice, but the scale said "Eat a salad, Tubby", so salad it was.

That's it for me, Dearies. I hope your Tuesday was swell and your Wednesday is equally so! Come tell me all about your day!

6 comments:

  1. I think the kitchen view is of a wonderful orderly, comfortable living room. My living room requires blinkers. I have my messy corner which aggravates hubby's OCD! Mwah ha harrr!
    Not only are you soothing yourself with the peppermint - seems to relax your pod mates too - which is great.
    I miss cricket - we live fairly close to a county ground and we were so excited and planned to visit quite often. Well wasn't that plan just scuppered! Poor JB. You'll have to teach him to sew! Although when I suggested that to hubby he blew me a raspberry!
    I have a broody chicken, so on Tuesday she was given 3 duck eggs that she is now cooking and when she's off the nest, does some impressive turkey impersonations - so funny. We are drowning in duck eggs so a few won't be missed if she decides to change her mind later. If any of the duckies decide to play mum then I'll make sure she only has a few too - there were too many squirrelled eggs last time and so they weren't nice in the end. It will be nice to have fluffy babies - although I'm not sure how much mum will panic when her "chicks" start swimming! Our ducks will be for meat mainly - muscovies have a very lean meat to normal ducks. Well the sun is up, I must have brekkies. Enjoy your Wednesday and hope you manage to pace yourself! *waggles finger! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing the view from your kitchen area, Coni. Thank you for sharing that and the peppermint tea cannister! Glad that JB found some sports! I noticed the other day they were offering "repeats" of games and series as the remote was channel surfing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell Magoo that NASCAR is playing old races and iRaces. Meanwhile, enjoy that view from the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your wall of books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Connie! The salad sounded good so I checked it out. 1470 calories? That is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful bowl on your counter! I’m a sucker for a pretty bowl.

    ReplyDelete