May 5, 2020

WELL...THAT DID IT!

It's amazing what a fifteen hour sleep will do for a person.

D-chair time yesterday was a complete blur, since I spent the majority of it with my eyes closed under my Snoopy blanket. I have this thing I do...I go to a needlework retreat in my head. I start on my arrival at a posh hotel on a Thursday afternoon, and I go right up until departure on Tuesday morning.

I imagine every single detail and minute of the day...the spa treatments, the luxury suite, the damn good in a posh robe, and the stitching room and connected dining room in which we have our meals. I even imagine morning workouts and afternoon swims in the indoor pool on the "Sports and Spa" floor, and the seven story bookstore that is just next door.

This, alas, will remain a daydream, since I'm pretty sure I'm thinking about a Four Seasons someplace, and an almost week-long stay in one of those suckers is beyond any budget this portly spinster will even be able to afford.

But it sure is nice to dream.

Today, I am feeling a bit refreshed and determined to complete as many chores and whatnot as my energy level will allow. There is always laundry to be sploshed and paperwork to be shuffled, and I'm pretty sure the fridge, freezer, and pantry could use a good clean out. I know there is salad to be made and perhaps bread to be baked, and I know for sure there is stitching to be organized.

On that front, I am either going to do some beading on Plum Pudding today or get back to Baked Alaska. What can I say? I never have had any discipline when It comes to desserts. Why start now? I do, though, have a new friend to play with...my first Mirabilia:
Isn't she pretty? I am dazzled by her colors and the prospect of all of the spakly beads she will wear!

Well, Dearies, my damn good grows cold as I sit here pondering, so methinks it time to warm it up and get the paper read (all two pages of it these days). I studiously avoid everything except the comics, obits, and Dear Abby sections, so I've be off to Choreville before I know it!

Happy Tuesday and Happy Cinco de Taco! Eat something fabulous and come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. I too looked at that most excellent Mirabilia ... but I managed to rein myself in at the last minute. Looking forward to watching your stitching progress on it!😀😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first Mirabilia! How exciting! You are going to love it :) Glad to hear a good sleep made all the things better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this Mirabilia. She reminds me of her more elegant early designs for some reason. I have her sitting in my cart at my favorite on-line NW store.

    Have fun with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - I never realised anything such as this existed! Now can you can control your urges and complete PP's beads and Baked Alaska before you start on this beauty! Honestly the things you do just constantly amaze me!
    And sleep was obviously needed to recharge your batteries! I liked the daydream - imagination is a good thing if it is a happy one - and it certainly sounded like it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh, fingers tangled with the brain - it's early and I've only had one coffee! I meant now can you control . . . too many can cans! LOL! xx

      Delete
  5. I love the imaginary Stitching Convention! Sounds like a good way to deal.

    ReplyDelete