May 6, 2020

TIME TO BUCKLE DOWN AGAIN...

Well, I am officially back on the Operation Keep Going train today. I didn't really fall too far off of it....I haven't gained weight, but I haven't lost any more either. And I haven't been using my tracking app on my phone for quite some time, but I'm fixing that effective today.

I am also going to try to take a small walk after treatment today. It is just a positively gorgeous day out there in Hoosierville, so I want to take advantage of it and move my heiney a bit.

The floors here at the d-chair place were cleaned last night and are now bright any shiny!
This may seem like a crazy thing to celebrate, but they really used to drive me nuts with how dirty they were! Turns out that the previous company "didn't do floors".

Hmmmmm.

Isn't that kind of like a mailman who doesn't want to deliver mail or a portly spinster who doesn't want to collect sensible shoes and cardigan sweaters?

I swear, sometimes the world just baffles me so.

The trees in this neck of the woods are positively glorious right about now, and I love seeing them burst into color. I especially like the white ones that are just huge balls of snowball blossoms. Sorry I don't have a photo for you, but I only see them when I'm driving to and from here, and nobody needs me behind the wheel with a camera in my hand.

I finished my book and started another. This time it's Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout. It's the last of the library books that I borrowed a lifetime ago. All of our books were extended until May 15, so I have plenty of time to finish it, and then it will be time to dip into the Book of the Month Club pile that I've np been collecting.

Well, Dearies, it's time for me to close my eyes and head off to dialysis dreamville. I don't know why treatments are knocking me out so much lately, but it does make the time go by faster. It also keeps me from fretting about things like my podmates who are unwell or the techs and nurses who seem so very very tired. I just have to pray for them to make it through, I guess, since there's not much else I can manage from this vantage point.

Happy Futzingday to one and all!


7 comments:

  1. Take care Coni...good dreamy thoughts to you! Luv, m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your prayers are the greatest kindness you can pay to those who share your D world. Enjoy dreamville today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with or more restorative than naps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring has sprung for you. I'm finding it incredulous that a cleaning company in a hospital/health facility doesn't do floors! Disgraceful! But great that you can see the shiny clean place. Reflected light makes things so much brighter. So rest away in the D-chair and enjoy your mooch around - no need to turn it into a half marathon! As for the weight, it shows it has stabilised so that is a positive, as your body adjusts. I'm now down to the weight I was several years ago, I can't see where but I'm guessing my bottom and legs. It's all that lugging compost. But then I get the rake out and my little veggie beds are treated like mini zen gardens. I love taking my time with that part.
    Pretty Boy Floyd the pheasant is getting a little more brave and instead of running, he keeps a safe distance which gradually is becoming closer. As for the Peeps - his ladies - they all crowd round my feet. Must be very confusing to the poor chap.
    So have a wonderful Wednesday - oh it's Thursday! Have a wonderful Thursday and I'll catch up tomorrow. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a sweet snooze, a lovely walk, and some time to stitch, Coni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New leaves on the trees is the thing I most look forward to in the spring :) Hope you enjoyed your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers and good thoughts for you. I love Spring too. Pegeth

    ReplyDelete