May 28, 2020

SUCCESS!

I managed to stay on track food-wise all day yesterday for the first time in a long while. JB had a hankering to try Chick-fil-a, so I opted for the spicy Southwest chicken salad, and it was very good:
Fresh greens, grilled spicy chicken, corn, black beans, tortilla strips, pepitas, and a lovely salsa dressing and I was all set!

Today I've had my damn good and a bagel, with plans of salmon and veg for dinner. JB will have a pork cutlet, but I'm not a huge fan so fish it will be for me.

It is so very gloomy today that I have no excuse not to stay in bed and nap, read, and stitch, which is exactly what I'm going to do as soon as the papers are read and the kitchen is tidied. I suppose I could fish out my long list of to dos, but nope....today is for loafing.

Happy Thursday, Dearies! I hope your corner of the world is calm and happy today and that you get to enjoy every moment of it. Come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan! Take care of you. Unfortunately raining like crazy and I am due for doctor checkup. Rain gear for me.
    Enjoy your day off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salad looks delicious! Hope you enjoyed your quiet day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope today has been a wonderfully peaceful day for you --- your salad looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Coni, just when I thought I knew you! No to pork cutlet????? Anything in the pork chop family is aces for me!
    Take care dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni checkout these reddit forums. You can just lurk, I do.
    1200isplenty
    1500isplenty
    Volumeeating

    I find tons of good meal ideas and new-to-me food products on all three. Makes it very easy to eat really well and stick to the diet. Having to eat salads to lose weight would just make me pure evil. That 450 calorie salad could be a full plate of filling food, that sticks with you for hours, instead. We started dieting the same week last year so I understand the struggle. I want you to succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done. I'm eating lentils. I do not like lentils, but they seem to be working. That is instead of rice or potatoes. I like bulgar wheat days though.

    Yesterday a friend came over to inspect the field for hay. It's been so dry that he would love to take it all off our hands. I think I need some bales - just in case . . .
    But he was really admiring the walnut tree. Have we climbed up it? Er nope! So he shinned up there like a chimpanzee! After the initial wow - it then became more oh gosh I hope he doesn't fall - what will we tell his wife - as he went higher and higher! Then he decided maybe it was high enough and came back down - to both of us land lubbers heaving huge sighs of relief! LOL! Sad thing is we are still keeping our distances even though we all know that we have been isolated for a couple of months now.

    ReplyDelete