Apr 16, 2020

DAMN, DRAT, AND PHOOEY

Well, that was a waste of a perfectly good Xanax.

And a hair wash.

And a leg and armpit shave.

I got to the Access Center for my procedure, and when questioned about breakfast, I proudly reported that "I had scrambled eggs and an English muffin at 10am" but that I was NPO (that means nothing to eat or drink) since then.

Uh, duh.

The NPO was supposed to start at 8am...a full six hours before the procedure. Not four.

So I have been re-scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow morning (NPO after midnight), and we can try this again and I can just sit here in the Happy Chair being happy until the Xanax wears off.

And....because I really AM trying to be a good little kidney patient, I grabbed a 6:20am chair time for Saturday, since I am pretty sure my normal chair time tomorrow will be a no-go for Buzzy, and four days between treatments is too much and hard on the heart.

So, just when you thought I had it all together, I go and do something silly like eat breakfast two hours late on a Thursday. Sheesh. Can't take me anywhere!

7 comments:

  1. Well, at least the armpit/leg shave will still be valid tomorrow! Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things happen. You will remember next time! Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better day tomorrow with all going smoothly, then reward yourself with a superior and delectable breakfast. In light
    of what is going on out there, have a Xanax for yourself and all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Nothing like prepping for something and it doesn't happen! I see you had started the Baked Alaska too. Haven't had brekkies yet - all these pies are making me hungry! Take care and hope the next trip sees super results! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well shoot! Least the hair wash and shave should hold out one more day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni, I am sorry that you and Buzzy weren't good to go! Thinking of you today as Buzzy goes through maintenance! Good for you on scheduling a chair time for Saturday AM!

    ReplyDelete