Apr 16, 2020

THURSDAY

Chello!

Buzzy and I are getting ourselves ready for our fistulagram appointment later this afternoon, and I am doing my level best not to think about it. It's not completely unpleasant....the procedure room techs and nurses are amazing, and I get a little mild sedation to help relax me, but I am dreading having to enter a medical facility under the circumstances.

I do, however, get a turkey sandwich and a juice box when it's all over, so I have that going for me!

(Many of you ask why Buzzy needs to be roto-rootered. It's not at all uncommon for this kind of "pipe" to become narrowed. Apparently, the body sees it as an unnatural construction, so it tries to shut it down and create its own detours. In addition to the pain of the needles, I am also having pain in my collarbone wake me up in the middle of the night, so chances are there is a blockage there.)

(Think of it kinda like an oil change. Sometimes a pain in the neck, but necessary to keep the engine running smoothly.)

Lots of stitching last night after treatment, which completely delights me. I am normally fuzzy-brained and too wiped out to pick up a needle, but last night I did a fair amount:
I'll admit...the silk through the linen is luscious and just. like. butta...and the colors are so very soothing and calming and peaceful and...lovely.

Chances are that I will have a free day tomorrow because Buzzy will be too sore to go to dialysis, so I am hoping to set myself up in the Happy Chair with Plum Pudding on my lap stand and bead the daylights out of her. If I remember correctly, the beading of these pieces goes pretty quickly once you get organized, so maybe there's a Happy Dance in my immediate future?

That does it for me today, Dearies! I hope you have a swell Thursday and that you get to do all of the things. Come tell me what's making your heart sing today!


4 comments:

  1. Coni - I hope your treatment goes smoothly today and that you can enjoy stitching tomorrow. I love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Ginger in wishing you a smooth treatment session.
    I have a feeling it is a little bit like a stent - which is what hubby had inserted after a heart attack! Amazing how tiny these things are and what a super invention for opening up the veins. I'm sure you are in the best hands as your team of bods sound lovely. See you later after a rested session.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progress! Hope you are feeling ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely progress and colors in Baked Alaska!

    ReplyDelete