Apr 1, 2020

AWW, COME ON, BUZZY!!


I'm in the good chair, but somehow that's not good enough for Mr Buzzy. Damn fistula. He's been a complete and total pill for a few weeks now, but there's not much to be done at the moment. I get it...he's tired and scared and grumpy and sore.

But so is the rest of the world.

Sadly, I don't have any stitching progress to report, Dearies. I had a very productive day of budget, bills, paperwork, laundry, cooking, and general tidying, so by the time I hit the Happy Chair it was after 7pm and I was a little fried.

I tell myself that my "off" days will be filled with nothing but stitching and damn good slurping, but somehow I manage to futz and futz until the day is done. No complaints...I am very happy to have both the energy and motivation to do things, but my stitching life has taken a little hit.

In the spirit of silver linings, I realized that after years and years of bemoaning my utter lack of homekeeping activity, I have dutifully cleaned the bath and kitchen daily and am very careful not to let the clutter pile up. It figures, doesn't it? Now that Stewey isn't here to present me with failing report cards on that front, I finally get my act together.

The woman next to me today has a terrible cough, so I am sitting here holding my breath. I know that she is OK and has had that cough for quite some time, but it still has me a bit freaked out. Isn't that awful? A simple cough now has us thinking doom.

My JB went to the Grotto yesterday and lit candles. I am so sad that I couldn't go with him, but until this passes, my only outings will be to the balcony for fresh air and here to the clinic for treatment. All doctor visits are now via video conference, and any provisions we need are on JB's list

My prayers are the same....thanks for the blessings of my happy life and the hope that I will someday be worthy of them, as well as health and safety and peace for my family. (Yup. You're stuck with me now. But, I'm kinda like the crazy spinster aunt in the attic. Just touch base with me every now and then and tell me how you're doing, and I'll be here...stitching and muttering to myself.)

Happy Futzingday to one and all! Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

7 comments:

  1. I twisted my ankle last night taking the pup out for a late night piddle. It was dark and had been freezing rain so I should have been more careful so it has led to a quite day for me. Sending some prayers for Buzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one spinster aunt to another, glad to have you as part of the family! Take care of yourself and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're my favorite aunt - sending warm and fuzzy good wishes for all the better days ahead - one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that Buzzy is being naughty, Stewey would know what to say to make him behave. I hope that you manage to get some fun squeezed into your week. Too much housework is bad for you (wink, wink).

    Have a delightful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so much nicer than my aunt (well, blood relative - the other aunts by marriage are lovely - they had to be, married to my dad's brothers - total crazy people!) - you are also an awful lot younger too! Actually you are younger than me - maybe I should be your aunty! LOL! Not a lot happened here - today day 14 of sunshine! OK there is a bit of cloud. Still no ducklings - I appear to be hatching geese! Well Muscovies are a little different and I'm hoping at least some will hatch, poor mummy has been very caring of the eggs. Craziest thing I did yesterday was to colour code microfibre cloths and put them into labelled bags for each purpose. I may be losing it! LOL! Naughty Buzzy, behave Buzzy. Poor Buzzy needs some tlc too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Buzzy behaves himself next time you're in the chair. You're not the only one feeling scared and the awful when your fellow patient coughed. I'm having daily radiotherapy treatment and yesterday there were double the amount of patient's in the waiting area than there has been before. I felt vulnerable as I am sure you do, too, but it's a natural reaction at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Coni, thank you for the chuckle about your housekeeping habits and the failing report card from Stewey! Enjoy your day today and do something fun for yourself! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete