Feb 18, 2020

ONE JOB

Chello, Dearies!

I have one job today.

Just one.

And when it's done, I get to call the day a win and retire to the big girl sleigh bed victorious.

Today is laundry day here at CS2, and I intend to wash, dry, fluff, fold, and stash every piece of clothing I own back into the proper cubbie or onto the proper hanger.

I was grumbling over the amount of laundry that I have as I sorted and organized it this morning, but it dawned on me that I basically have three outfits per day...a dialysis getup of leggings and a big top, clothes for home, which is usually sweats, and then sleeping clothes, which are usually a hundred and a half years old.

So not bad, I guess, considering.

There is something about a nicely done laundry, though, and I'm ever so grateful to my mom and grandma for teaching me the basics. I still sort and fold the way they taught me forever ago, and I'm pretty sure I still use the same laundry soaps and such that they did.

Comforting, actually.

No stitching or coloring to report from last night. I was completely wiped out after treatment and came home to lounge, eat grilled chicken salad, and watch my Irish beat North Carolina at the last second in the basketball.

Today, though, will be different, I promise. Once I get this here blog updated and the paper read, I fully intend to sit on my heiney in between sploshings and stitch my eyeballs right out.

Happy Tuesday to one and all! I hope you have a lovely day and do whatever makes your heart sing! Come tell me all about it!


3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about when people follow family traditions and yes, there is something comforting about doing a project right :) Glad you will take some time to yourself too :) I was up most of the night due to back pain, got up early, watched a movie (instead of stitching), and took a very long nap. It was lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the years, I had wondered about your amount of laundry! Now it makes sense -- 3 sets of clothes per day!

    I don't do laundry the way my mom did. A washing machine in the condo (instead of the basement), no yard or lines in the basement to hang things to dry, no hand-knit wool socks that required stretchers, permanent press and knits instead of cottons that required ironing, and a partner who does at least half of his own laundry. AND I watched Marie Kondo and learned a new way to fold t-shirts and roll socks.

    But I love the smell/non-smell of freshly washed and dried clothes (using unscented detergent and fabric softener). Although that scent doesn't compare with laundry hung outside in the sun and breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Tuesday and most likely the rest of this week will include trying to fight the dust that my hubby is creating while refinishing the wood floors in my living room. And it all started with buying a new couch and has evolved into floors, walls and ceiling. I just keep reminding myself how lovely it will be to sit on that new couch someday soon and stitch the day away. Hope you enjoyed your laundry and stitching day :)

    ReplyDelete