Feb 17, 2020

SO THAT'S WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS ABOUT...

My sleeping pattern has been all over the place lately. I'm either in the big girl sleigh bed snoring away for twelve hours or I'm wide awake and staring at the ceiling fan.

Today I woke up at 4:30 and tried to count sheep for a bit, but finally gave up and decided to start the day at 5:00.

I started by reading a bit...picking up one of my very favorite books ever and getting a few more pages into a second go 'round:


I like to read Erin's stuff in small slow bites and savor each and every word. She is very place-driven, so it's quite easy to get lost in the atmosphere and wander a bit...looking around and taking it all in. I think she's a gorgeous writer...just gorgeous...so this was a really lovely way to start the day.

Then I decided to pick up my stitching, and before I knew it my project went from this:


to this:

I have to say...sitting in the early morning hours stitching away and then watching the sun come up was simply wonderful. I let my tiny little brain wander at will and I pondered and thought and thought and pondered my way through all of the stuff that has been rattling around in there. I don't know if I solved any of the issues, but it sure was nice to be able to hear myself think and breathe in and out while pulling thread through this perfect 28ct Jobelan.

Now it's time to caffeinate and then get into the shower and head out to dialysis. I'm going to take Plum Pudding with me to see if I can keep the stitchy momentum going, but if I end up snoozing the tine away, that's OK too.

So Happy Monday, Dearies! I hope that the week ahead is good for all of us. Come tell me all about your little corner of the world!

6 comments:

  1. Huh...there must be something in the water. I've been awake since 5:30 this morning (which I think is 4:30 your time, so hey--we woke up at the same time!) Like you, I tried to go back to sleep but gave up. I've always LOATHED mornings, but ya know, I've gotten a lot accomplished already today, and I don't even feel like I'm dying. Yet. We'll have to compare notes on the timing of any naps today--maybe we're perfectly in sync! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday, Coni! I hope chair time goes smoothly today. I am playing catch up on the computer stuff (and the house stuff) for the rest of today and probably tomorrow. But attending a stitching retreat is/was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You were really in the zone! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great early morning reading/stitching progress.... here is another soul who awoke early and could not turn over and resume sleep...so I did some "catching up" on other matters.
    Hope you have a good chair day and that you can catch up on
    napping....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although it's not fun to wake up earlier than you'd planned, it seems like you made great use of the time and enjoyed yourself, which is great! Great progress on your pretty piece too. Hope your day went smoothly and you have a relaxing evening.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, is it our age and the sleep pattern that goes with it? Yep, awake here at 5am after bed at midnight. I do like the quiet early morning hours before the world wakes up, but I know I'll be dragging by this afternoon. Enjoy your day whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete