Feb 20, 2020

DAMN, DRAT, AND PHOOEY...

OK.

That's it.

I'm going back to bed and staying there until it's over.

My treatment yesterday was positively awful, and I came home wanting a hot bath, my Stewey, and my Mommie...in that order. Buzzy is just so very very sore and painful, and yesterday's added bonus were full body cramps that just about knocked me out. I lasted the full four hours, but really wish I just would have played hooky instead.

I did manage to make a nice dinner...Martin's crabcakes, rice, and a salad, but there's not much of the evening that I remember after that, unfortunately.

Oh well.

We'll just chalk that all up to an off day and move on, right, Dearies? I am living the mantra of "This too shall pass."

(It'll pass like a flaming kidney stone the size of a basketball, but it'll pass nonetheless.)

Today has dawned bright and sunny, but cold, so methinks I will just stay right here in the Happy Chair and stitch my little eyeballs out. I'm making slow progress on Plum Pudding at dialysis and the Shepherd's Bush piece here at home, so I have absolutely nothing to complain about.  I started watching the CNN documentary on The Windsors, so perhaps that will take me away from all of my spinster drama and make for a nice afternoon.

I hope your very own Thursday is wonderful and swell and utterly fantastic. Do something fun and come tell me all about it!


4 comments:

  1. Just a note to let you know that we are all there for you. It is fine to tell us what is going on, because we all care. Hang in there and enjoy stitching today.

    Wish I could be there to help you on D-days when you are flying solo.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Coni, I do hope that the lovely bright sunny day, a bit of TV and some stitching will help you recover and recoup. You've had your hot bath, and Stewey and your Mommie are with you in spirit, as are we all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! But today I read the day after before this post, so I know it ends happily with a pretty little finish. Anyway you deserved a chilling out session after a mean episode of D-day. So glad you have perked up a bit. xx

    ReplyDelete