Nov 3, 2019

SUNDAY SPINSTER BLISS...

It's not even 10:00 and we've been to Mass and back already and I am ready for the perfect day. I'm in the Happy Chair with a big soup mug full of damn good and the crackpot spinster fireplace:


It's a new one today...Yankee Candle Harvest smell:

And the paper and Hoity Toity ready to go:

Here's what I accomplished last night:


I didn't get started until later in the afternoon, but I'm very happy with my progress thus far. Methinks this is going to keep me occupied and very happy for quite a while!

This week brings the release of Erin Morgenstern's new novel called The Starless Sea. Erin is the author of a book called The Night Circus, which I just fell head over heels for. I am so looking forward to seeing what magic she brings in her new book!

JB will travel back to New Jersey on Wednesday to visit with his mom, which means I will have a week or so to get my act together here in the apartment. I have visions of deep cleaning and purging and organizing closest and drawers, but we'll see where the wind takes us. I do have an appointment with one of the IU kidney docs on Thursday, so at least I know one day will involve a bra and sensible shoes.

It's gorgeous and cold here in Hoosierville today, so I definitely see a nap in the big girl sleigh bed in my future.  But first...coffee.

Happy Sunday, Dearies! Come tell me all about your corner of the world today!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the ball game yesterday. My husband went to VA Tech so was watching the game. We usually go to the home games. My nephew is a Notre Dame fan. He and I were at a family wedding in Knightstown during the game but kept up with the score. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to early Mass and then breakfast and were home by 10 as well. The new baby made it through with nary a peep.

    Thanks for the reminder about the book, I have it pre-ordered for the Kindle and will read it after I finish the one I am currently reading. I too am wondering what magic she has spun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same candle scent! I just love it! Enjoy your fireplace ---

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too loved the Night Circus. I'll have to look up the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh niiice progress already. I love Yankee Candles, my favourite is the cinnamon one. When my daughter came back from Florida, she bought all her favourites and her partner had them in his carry on luggage so that they wouldn't break. She and my husband sailed through security but her partner was stopped for suspicious stuff in his holdall! LOL! What do they put in their candles?!!! But on seeing them it was a case of ohhhh so that's what they were - free to go! Cold today, sun (amazingly) is gracing us with it's presence for a second day - and I'm looking at a cloud that looks like a mouse! Have a super day today. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are off to a good start on Hoity Toity, Coni! It sounded like a blessed day indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have visions of deep cleaning. But, that's as far as the old girl gets,LOL!

    ReplyDelete