Sep 4, 2019

WHO IS THIS NEW ME AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE OLD ONE?!?!


I pulled into the Starbucks on my way home from the d-chair today and before I knew what was happening, I heard a voice come out of my head saying "Hi! It's Coni! May I please try something new today? I think I'll try the Nitro Cold Brew instead of my usual Venti Cold Brew with two pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup and a splash of light cream".

And before I knew it I was slurping something that looks and somewhat tastes almost a bit and just slightly of a Guinness! 

A Nitro Cold Brew is basically a regular Cold Brew infused with nitrogen. This makes it draw much like a beer and has the same kind of creamy/foamy head as one. The cold brew itself is still richly flavored, so I think I would have liked it a little better with my normal two pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup rather than the just one that I ordered because I didn't want it to be too sweet, as well as that splash of cream.

Despite this new-found "devil may care and I accept and embrace change" attitude, methinks I will go back to my usual next time and enjoy the comfort of the familiar. It was nice, though, to give myself a little pat for trying something new!

Chopped salad with grilled chicken for dinner tonight, Dearies. I'm telling you this so when I think about going face first into a Jimmy John's sub sandwich or a bar-b-que chicken pizza or a vat of spaghetti and meatballs I will stop myself and remember that I. Am. Accountable. and Operation GO is too important to blow it.

Ciao for now! We'll return to our regularly scheduled stitchy program, so keep your pants on, Betty!

4 comments:

  1. My new favorite... Coffee Frappichino with non-fat milk .. sometimes a little bit of whipped cream. Addicted!
    Ruth in Oxnard CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness we are many miles from a Starbucks! I love the strawberries and cream - with soy milk, because it tastes creamier to me! I don't (didn't) have the cream on the top though, plus caramel frappuccinos!
    Coni - a treat in moderation is fine. I actually weighed myself this morning - not happy, but it was better than I thought. I have gained a few pounds over what I was when we moved here, but now we are getting to grips with portion sizes and eating our own produce. Now we just need to manage the potatoes and reduce that quantity! I also need more exercise and miss my walking where I'd just walk around the village - I must make time, it's only an hour to do 3 miles and I have my Nordic poles that I haven't touched in ages. You are very inspiring in that you have your goal and you are doing so well. Mrs Lackofwillpower here is taking note and slapping the back of her hand.
    Oooh I collect my Ducks of Hazzard tomorrow - Daisy, Dixie and Duke. ;D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is YUMMY!!! I'm sure it has a zillion calories so I must avoid it. Well, maybe just one a week instead of one a day would work. Have a fun stitch kind of day XXX.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, it was good to try it out, but always nice to return to the norm. Sort of like going someplace different and then being glad to be home.

    ReplyDelete