Sep 4, 2019

WHAT DAY IS IT?

Oh, my goodness, Dearies! I am just completely discombobulated this morning!

Yesterday was a very full, very hectic, very tiring day, but I assume I survived it, because here I am in the d-chair doing my thing. I actually looked forward to getting here today, since I figured it would be five hours of "peace and quiet".

Uh....how far have we fallen that we look forward to sitting in a chair for five hours with needles in one arm, a blood pressure cuff on the other, and a woozy feeling that ebbs and flows from slight to unconsciousness?!

But my view is very pretty today, and I'm back in my crazypants, and when this is over I have Starbucks and the salon (for a face wax!) to look forward to.

No stitchy progress to report, I'm afraid, but I will remedy that in a few minutes when I get my toys out. My techs get a big kick out of watching me stitch, and if I alarm because my arm is bent too much they happily correct it so I can keep playing. I think it irritates the other patients a bit, but for the most part I am very well behaved, so phooey on them.

(That's not what I really mean, but we have a few folks in here who are not taking care of themselves, are missing treatment, and aren't following any orders, and they get mad that they don't feel well. These machines can only do so much, and I know that if I'm bad and go off the deep end it's going to show up here.)

I had my treat meal last night at the Applebees, so today will be back to smoothie/salad only. Amazingly, I still managed to not put any fluid on, so this just confirms that moderation with the OCCASIONAL treat is going to be key for me.

Who knew? (She says sarcastically).

OK...enough of a babble for now. I'm going to plug in and get the Flosstube rolling. I hope your very own day (whatever one it happens to be) is wonderful in every way. If it's not, I pray that tomorrow will be better for you. Stay warm and safe and dry and come tell me all about it!


5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well for you☺. Enjoy your Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always glad to see that you made it to your D-chair appointments because those that don't (as you stated) do not do well.

    Have a relaxing day and enjoy your stitching and Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You are probably doing much better by losing the weight and keeping the goal in mind, so the treatment is having the desired effect! Well done girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for not having a lot of excess fluid! And yes Coni, moderation and a treat are both good things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All good news! Maybe you could get some other patients stitching so they would realize what fun you are having :)

    ReplyDelete