Sep 8, 2019

OW...BUT IT FEELS SO GOOD



Holey Schmoley, Dearies. I think the expression is that I feel like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Or hit by a bus. Or dropped from a very tall building.

But!

I had a very good sleep, am up slurping my damn good, and in an hour or so I'll get ready for church.

The rest of my day will be simple, I promise. There are, unfortunately, several loads of laundry to do, but I can accomplish that while enjoying some stitchy time in the Happy Chair in between sploshings. I am also going to make a lovely Sunday dinner for JB...stuffed pork chops, roasted baby potatoes, and steamed broccoli, but instead of fussing over it, I might just put it all on a big sheet pan and be done with it all at once.

Thank you for indulging my completely obnoxious display yesterday. The truth is, that as I completed each room I desperately needed a rest, and sitting down and blogging made me feel like it wasn't wasted time. In looking back, though, I think it was too much "look at meeeee" for one day.

Off to the tub! I hope your Sunday is completely wonderful! Come tell me all about it!

12 comments:

  1. Coni, hope you have a blessed day. Eat an extra portion of broccoli for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful fully decked out CS you have for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, Coni, don't ever hesitate to show what you've been doing, from a sparkling bathroom to lovely seasonal decorations. I personally feel that a cleaned by a mad Amish woman bathroom is always blog worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coni, you're worrying about the wrong stuff. We wouldn't be here reading your blog if we weren't interested in what you're doing. Besides, watching other people working hard is one of my best things!

    Megan,
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother used to say she "felt like the bottom of the birdcage".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about your exploits! When you decorate or clean or whatever it always makes me want to get up and do something! We all enjoy hearing about your doings and goings-on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing about cleaning and decorating, in detail! It often helps me motivate to get my own stuff done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the above comments- I love reading about & seeing photos of whatever you're up to (and it often gets me motivated to do something, too; I started my fall decorating today!) Hope you've had a relaxing stitchy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not at all - I enjoyed the tour. It was like looking at a house and garden type magazine. Today it is raining, the chickens are sorted, the ducks have had their wings clipped after one decided to take to the skies (and come back), I'm soaked to the skin and just having my damned good before tackling my sewing room - which is terribly messy! As others have said - it's a good thing that you have shown us as it gives me the kick start that I needed! And you are so proud of your achievements and it is lovely that you shared - you should be proud of yourself, a job very well done. I call the breaks that I have between cleaning "my reward" so it gives you a chance to recharge the batteries for the next session. I thank you muchly and I hope you had a lovely chilling out day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't feel that way at all to me.
    = )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love seeing your beautiful home. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete