Sep 20, 2019

OPERATION GO...WAIT...WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!?!

STARTING WEIGHT: 266
LAST WEEK'S WEIGHT: 255.6
CURRENT WEIGHT: 252.3
WEIGHT LOST THIS WEEK: 3.3
FIRST GOAL: 252
GOAL WEIGHT TO GET A NEW KIDNEY: 242
ULTIMATE LIFETIME GOAL: 160

Dearies, I am sitting in the Happy Chair stunned senseless.

This was not one of my better weeks, eating-wise. As a matter of fact, I ate so much JUNK on Tuesday and Thursday of this week that I resigned myself to having my very first gain since the start of Operation GO. I swear, I think that's what my problem was this morning...dread that manifested in a feeling of unwell.

I had a good treatment today...no crashes or cramps or other shenanigans. After I was disconnected and got taped up, I packed up my stuff and headed for the scale to get my off-weight and right there in front of God and everybody burst into the ugly cry, did a happy dance, and scared the beejeesus out of Sean the Nurse by grabbing him and kissing him full on the face.

252.3

How in the Holy H-E-double toothpicks did THAT happen?

This milestone means that living donors can now begin their process of testing to see if they are a candidate for donation, and, as an added bonus, the transplant team at IU decided that I can do mine too to get it out of the way before the final goal weight of 242.

Dr. Goggins and his team will be here in Mishawaka on November 21, so that is now my official GO day. I am going to walk into that appointment at 240 pounds and he's going to look at me and say "You are cleared for takeoff, kid. Let's get you a new kidney".

(Or words to that effect.)

As much as I would like to tell you that this achievement is the result of my hard work, it is 100% due to the fact that you all are my accountability team. I now feel responsible to stay the course because I know that you are out there cheering me on and I owe it to you (as well as myself) to GET. IT. DONE.

Oh, and I am also convinced that Bosco has an awful lot to do with it. Today is his 14th birthday. Guess what the kilo weight read on the scale today?

114.7

Happy, happy, happy Friday to us all! I'm going to celebrate with my damn good cold brew, You've Got Mail on the TeeVee, a sensible salad, and some stitching! Come tell me all about what you're celebrating today,

39 comments:

  1. A hearty congratulations! I personally think its the days in the pool (and interesting conversations).

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAHOO! Great news! Heck, more than "Great". Stupendous news. SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALLIDOSHUS News! (don't know if that big word is spelled right or not..... .
    Lynn in southern NJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! You got this!! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted with your progress!!! You ARE doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU GO CONI ! Looks like prayers and love are working.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Fantastic! Keep it up, or keep on keeping it down ... as Bob Dylan observed, Look out, kid, it's something you did; G-d knows when, but you're doing it again! And Team Spinser are behind you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Prayers continue Coni! Terrific job, so so SO proud of you!!!!
    I hope Sean the Nurse has recovered

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made my day! So happy and encouraged for you. You Got This!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Wonderful news and I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you, and motivated by you. Bless you again and again, may God multiply every effort you make to help yourself and help others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is THE BEST news! So happy, happy, happy for you and of course we are all celebrating you and this awesome news today! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MARVELOUS NEWS!! I'm so happy for you! I know this is really hard, but you're doing it!! I hope you have a wonderful evening (I love that movie) & a fun stitchy relaxing weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow -- a couple of weeks of plateau, now bam!! Congrats and hugs((()))

    ReplyDelete
  14. So well done, such an achievement!! Keep it up and you will be getting that new kidney before you know it!! Love Robyn Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Having a goal and accountability really improves chances of success in any endeavor. That's why I never tell people when I'm going to attempt something; I can't drop the project then...lol. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, Coni! That is such awesome news and your tribe is thrilled to celebrate you! Have a fabulous evening!

    ReplyDelete
  17. People all around the world are smiling and dancing and cheering. Yaaaaay you!

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  18. OK Coni Poppins! Fabulous job! Stewey put on his smoking jacket and peed on the curtains in your honor. Your team has such faith in you and knows you can finish the job by scheduling testing. We are so PROUD of you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! That's a fabulous accomplishment. Good luck going forward!
    I'm celebrating a job offer for a position I REALLY wanted! Good things are happening!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done, Coni....keep going girl, you can do it! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is the best news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AMAAAZING. Brilliant news for you. Well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way to go!!! So very proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations Coni!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So happy and proud of you, Coni!! You can do it ! Even an occasional slip, you CAN DO IT!! Behind you all the way
    Donna - Streamwood

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how blessed you are. And before you know it you will have your new to you kidney. Soooo happy for you. I love reading your blog. You give hope to everyone no matter what we're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great news! You done good not keeping on the program. And you done gooder not letting any slip-ups derail you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous!! No doubting allowed.. you are going to make this happen, even if you experience an occasional slip, it is not
    going to end the pursuit....and achieve ultimately you will.
    So proud of you, Coni dear.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You're getting there! The occasional slip isn't a disaster! Just keep at it! YOu've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Utterly fantastic! I had my mother staying with me and I squealed when I read the beginning of the post - I then told her all about your quest and your sewing. I then read your post out to her - she laughed too at the kissing of your male nurse! LOL! A belated response from me as it's been a little difficult to really play on the computer - or even respond! But I kept this window open so that I could wave my flag for you! Super, super, super! xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Whoop whoop!!!! So so happy for you! I knew you would rock this! Keep on keeping on Coni!

    ReplyDelete