Sep 13, 2019

FRIDAY PONDERINGS

Hi, Dearies.

I'm in the d-chair and doing my thing, but a bit rattled. I just learned of the passing of  another one of my pod mates, with another expected any time now. That will mean that five people have died in the almost two years that I've been here, and I suppose my tiny brain and big fat heart are busying themselves running between fear and sadness.

When I started dialysis, my Aunt JoAnn told me not to get attached to anybody here. At the time, I thought it very strange, and maybe a little bit mean-spirited, but now I see that she was trying to protect me from myself. This fact makes me peaceful inside, since it means she really knew who I am  and valued that. I think my Uncle Connie understood me too, so this means that the two people who gave me their names really were a huge part of who I turned out to be.

Grandma Josephine said my name was perfect because I was a "little bull-head named after two big bull-heads"....a fact that I now appreciate when it comes to my propensity for digging in when it comes to something I care about, or want to overcome, or want to accomplish.

I suppose this was an "off" week for me, but that's why God made week ends, right? I was not particularly good about staying on the diet wagon. As a matter of fact, I jumped off of that sucker at the Applebees on Tuesday night and let it roll over me, back up, and hit me again on Wednesday with Papa Johns and his evil Papadias. Eight hundred and fifty calories! Eight hundred and fifty, Dearies! That's more than I have been eating in an entire day...let alone for a late night dinner after a lunch of hot dogs and pretzel pieces!

Good grief, Spinster Brown...do you think I'll ever get a clue?

I did behave better yesterday, but still managed to have scrambled eggs at 9:00 last night because I was ready to eat my slippers. Back on track today, though, and if Magoo suggests the normal Friday night pizza, I just might smack him with said slippers.

Absolutely zero stitching to report, which I think explains almost everything. I am, however, going to remedy that sad fact right now by putting down this iPad thingie and getting needle in hand.

God bless and keep you, my friends. I promised myself I would be better about telling you how important you are and how my life is better with you all in it. I hope your weekend will be full of good health, good food, good stitching, and good times with those you love.  Come tell me all about it.

15 comments:

  1. Here is a recipe thst just came to me: in a food processor place the following:
    All the good diet days
    All the not so good diet days
    Whirl until blended
    Carefully turn out in to the nearest trash can and forget this. Start over the next day! Perfection is for those who aren't living a 'real' life.

    You are meeting the challanges in you life with determination mixed with the most important ingredientS: hope and a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni,

    Hang in there, you've got this.
    Have a great stitchy weekend:)
    Happy stitching,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, you still lost weight even getting off the wagon. Eggs are good for you as they give you a bit of protein. You might want to talk with your diet person if you are hungry in the evening. I am sorry about your pod mate! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on going Coni, you can do this and win! We all are behind you. Robyn Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your pod mates, Coni. I am certain you make a dear/happy difference to those with whom you share D-Day and that should console you at these times. Don't sweat the diet derailment...you are back on track and still losing the lbs. Carry on....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am truly sorry to hear about your podmates. I do remember that you said at least one of them had given up on the dialysis, so don't start thinking that your time is ticking away. Everyone's is. You are just more aware of it. Love you and God bless you in all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love and prayers, Coni. All we can do is wake up each day, acknowledge that we are dying and say to ourselves . . . "BUT NOT TODAY . . . NOT TODAY" and get about living. - Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted you to know im thinking all good thoughts for you always, especially on days that you struggle. Im sorry about the loss of your pod mate. Hugs and prayers continue for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the pod mate. Very sad - but there has to be more success stories, so keep thinking positive and you are working so hard to attain that op date - even with a slight hiccup - I'm sure that's allowed. Then only 850 calories a day! I don't think that's sustainable! For me anyway! LOL! Ye gods you are a saint!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your pod mate, it must be so difficult for the rest of you having treatment. As far as your diet goes, I think you are making an amazing job of your diet, you really put me to shame. I need to lose weight and when I see how important it is for your health and future(and how well you are doing)it makes all my excuses pathetic. You are bound to have days when it all goes to pot, but if you get back on it as you have, you will get there. Live and best wishes from across the pond, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your pod mate, it must be so difficult for the rest of you having treatment. As far as your diet goes, I think you are making an amazing job of your diet, you really put me to shame. I need to lose weight and when I see how important it is for your health and future(and how well you are doing)it makes all my excuses pathetic. You are bound to have days when it all goes to pot, but if you get back on it as you have, you will get there. Live and best wishes from across the pond, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have replaced traditional pizza with lower carb tortilla pizzas. Just use turkey pepperoni and low fat cheese, black olives, whatever you want. Just a good substitute that is working to change the quick pizza night.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear that you have lost another podmate. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete