Sep 1, 2019

EASY LIKE A SPINSTER MORNING...

I had a very quiet, restful, peaceful Saturday, and methinks today will be much of the same. Although disappointed that I couldn't decorate for Fall, I guess the rest was what I needed!

Here is my start on La-D-Da's Fraktur Flowers:
This is my first piece stitched on 32ct linen in quite some time. I am using the recommended one strand of floss, so the coverage is very light. At first that bugged me, but then I remembered that it is, after all, cross stitch, and in some cases you probably WANT to see the individual xxxx.

OK. Better get scoooching. I'm heading to church, and then going to come home and tackle a mountain of laundry, bills, and planning for the week ahead. If the sun ever makes an appearance today I might take a dip in the pool, but it is very cool and cloudy at the moment and not likely to warm up enough to do so.

Happy Sunday, Happy September, Dearies! I hope you have a simply marvelous time of it today. Do something fun and come tell me all about it!

5 comments:

  1. Coni, hope you have a marvelous Sunday! You are off to a good start on the La D Da piece. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The high in Denver today was 98 - please send us your cool, cloudy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super start with the vase and glad you enjoyed your rest session.
    We had a lovely sunny day yesterday, bagged up spuds enough to last several years! This morning when I surfaced the mist was looking very romantic hanging in a narrow strip across the fields. By the time I went downstairs the mist rose and now envelops the house. It has a pinky sunrise tint, which makes it mystical instead of being like a horror film!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always enjoyed La-D-Da's patterns. I've never stitched one, mind you. But I do love their designs and sold a lot when I had my brick-and-mortar store.

    ReplyDelete