Jul 24, 2019

THEY REALLY SHOULD MAKE PILLS FOR THIS....EPISODE 74


So I went for my splosh yesterday and decided to take along my pool noodle. I don't know how to use a pool noodle, but I take it with me every now and then in the hopes that there will be another floaty old lady there that might be able to teach me how to do so.

Yesterday, though, there was a little girl in the pool all by herself while her person sat nearby blabbing on her cell phone, so I asked her if she might like to play with the pool noodle. (My motives were suspect, since my plan was to let the kid play with the thing and I could pretend to sun myself while watching her from behind my mirrored sunglasses that make me feel like a cHips officer.)

Turns out, there really is no way to play with a pool noodle. You just kinda bob around with it.

Who knew?

When I was ready to leave, the little girl was still happily playing away, so I said "If your mom says it's OK, you can take that home with you to play with when you come again." and her little face lit up and made my day.

And then the little girl's person spoke up. "I'm not her mom and no, we don't want it."

Um...awkward.

I must have fumbled around and chattered like a circus monkey, because what I wanted to say was "Lady...I'm ready to go and the kid is still playing with the damn thing, and I'm not about to jump in there and snatch it out of her hand like some kind of pool noodle Cruella DeVille, so you can either take it home, leave it here, or shove it up your rude little heiney" but what I did say was "Um. Ok. So sorry. Um. I'll just come back and get it later. Um. Have a nice day."

And I left and then forgot to go back to the pool to get the damn pool noodle.

I woke up in a cold sweat at 2am worrying about what the damn pool noodle was doing down there all by itself and even went to the patio window to see if I could spot it floating around or causing havoc or maybe (in my half-awake state) sleeping on a lounge chair.

Nope...couldn't see a thing.

This morning, the cover was on the pool and there was no sign of it, so all I can hope is that it found a good home somewhere and that it will remember me fondly.

So that's my life at the moment, Dearies...I'm hooked up to Beepy, getting ready to stitch a bit, and having a giggle over my Merry Poppins feet:

Happy Wednesday! Come tell me all about your little corner of the world today!

8 comments:

  1. Some people (the little girl's whatever) have no couth. Hope the little girl will not be left her care very often. Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you wouldn't believe the things I do/worry about just like that. It's totally crazy for me, of course I don't recognize it at the time but it happens. What matters is that you were very nice and did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing like a 2am terrible worry that in the cold light of day is ridiculous. How do our minds do it to us? Someone must have a trick for getting out of it, but I haven't found one. Look after yourself, I bet that little girl remembers your kind thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How generous of you and how rude was that lady! Hopefully the child will pick up on your kindness for when she becomes an adult. It would have been much nicer to say thank you but we won't be taking it home - perhaps we could return it to you when we are leaving. Some people! Pffft! Hold your head up high and it was probably the reaction you received that played on your mind more than the noodle. Anyhoooo hope your treatment goes well today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coni, you have a kind and generous heart. It is too bad that other person (who should have been paying more attention to the little girl than her phone) was rude. Hope Beepy and Buzzy behaved themselves yesterday. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pool noodle! Pick up another one for yourself or maybe even two. I wrap it around my back and bring the ends forward to hold on to with my arms. Lean back and enjoy. The second one, once you have the first in place, can go behind your knees, and you again, lean back and with the two noodles you have a pool seat for the day. Enjoy the rest of today my dear. I've clipped Riley and he looks so much cooler now. The beautiful breeze is blowing and still the temperature is down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally, I liked the response that you maybe should have said out loud! She apparently was not paying any attention to the child. Does she not know that is how kids drown?

    You are too good for your own good at times. I do wish you were my neighbor though!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine being so rude to someone who is giving you something for free!! What a nutjob! I am glad that little girl had some kindness in her life that day. Hope you get the pool noodles figured out :)

    ReplyDelete