Jul 25, 2019

EPISODE 75...

I've just cleaned CS2 like an Amish woman on steroids.

(Pause for reaction.)

It all started when I got a good strong whiff of the Happy Chair and decided that something must be done once and for all. My first impulse was to drag it down the stairs and haul it to the dumpster on the top of my car, but several years of therapy kicked in and I decided to do this in steps.


I reversed the two chairs and am going to see how I like sitting in the recliner.

So far, so good, but it's only been four and a half minutes:

Starting today, I am going to sock away any extra money I find and I'm going to save up for a new Happy Chair. There are several excellent selections online with free shipping, and I think I might be able to find the perfect replacement for the old one. The recliner is lovely...it really is, but I have an aversion to sitting in a recliner at home for some reason because  I sit in one at dialysis.

(OK. I know. Another thing to add to my Dr. Melfi list!)

So the apartment is now cleaned to within an inch of its life and I am going to reward myself with an afternoon in the pool. 

Thanks for your sweet comments about the Great Pool Noodle Incident of 2019. You'll be happy to know that I do have another noodle, and that the "loaner" noodle has found a home at the pool. When I made my coffee this morning, I spied it in the bike rack just near the entrance gate along with a few other pool toys!

Hurrah!

Pool noodles for everybody!

Happy Thursday, Dearies...or as I have come to think of it Spinsterania Day. I hope your day is full of everything that makes you happy! Come tell me all about it!




10 comments:

  1. Good noodle news. It is not too hot today so I will be doing errands that I couldn't face during our 'great heat event'. After that I haven't decided. Have a stack of DVDs and a couple of new books I want to get started on. Enjoy your pool outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never posted before, but I’ve been cheering you on as a lurker. Just gonna throw this out there because I’ve thought it before but never suggested it... You are sooo prolific and your work is just gorgeous...... Have you considered occasionally selling a few of the pieces you might be less attached to, to raise money for something needed/special, like a new Happy Chair? Maybe just the piece itself without the mounting, frame, etc., to make shipping easier/cheaper? Then the buyer can have it framed to match her own decor....or sell it mounted if it’s already done.... just some random thoughts..... I love your blog, wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! I thought for sure Mr Noodle was heading for the Island of Misfit Toys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great relief about the wayward noodle !! CS2 looks as though
    you readied it for hospital inspection....darn you're good.
    I think the recliner over a long haul of sitting would make
    you feel stiff and would not encourage straight back posture. You really seemed to enjoy the Happy Chair, otherwise why name it so??? Hope your plan materializes to
    your satisfaction...You accomplished so much in that chair..

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved our furniture so much, so comfy and was older than our children. It became forts, ships, islands in shark infested water, a place to sit and sew - we eventually had to say goodbye when mother in law plonked herself down heavily and was enveloped in a cloud of dust - even though it was clean - or so I thought! So new furniture was purchased and no way is it ever as comfy as the old one. Yes it's new, but so hard on the derriere (don't remember that in the showroom!). So keep the Happy Chair - maybe have it reupholstered instead?
    Glad the noodle has a new role in life - entertainment to many wanting to play with it in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can certainly understand the why behind not wanting to use the recliner. Have you given thought to having the Happy Chair reupholstered? Good news on the pool noodle! I hope the rest of your Thursday went smoothly and hoping you have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh enjoy an extra splash for me! Wish I had a pool to play in!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There’s nothing like an old comfy chair that sags in all the right places and knows you like an old friend, which would make more sense to try to have it steam cleaned or reupholstered before you run out and buy a new one...at least until you can save up and afford a new one. Good luck whatever you decide 😋

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used Febreze Fabric on my happy chair as a last resort. It worked!! Before you throw out your favorite chair, invest in a bottle of Febreze Fabric. I was really surprised at how well it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad your pool noodle found a home and thank you for the giggles :)

    ReplyDelete