May 27, 2018

IN WHICH WE EMBARK ON THE OFFICIAL SPINSTER STITCHER SUMMER OF THE YES

I have decided that this is going to be the Summer of the Yes.

That means that when Mister Spinster says "Let's go to the pool" on a Sunday afternoon, and it's 197 degrees outside and there are eleventy-seven thousand screaming children in said pool and I would rather sit in my pajamas and stitch in eat pasta salad, I say..."Yes! That sounds like fun!"

Because I remember a time when I would have given my laying tool to have somebody to do things with or a swimming pool in which to do them.

So we're going to see if the Summer of the Yes brings about fun and adventure.

Pray for me, Dearies. I suspect that there is trouble on the horizon with all of this Yes-sing afoot.


14 comments:

  1. Enormous gratitude for what you do have. Better than the other side of your life. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your postings! Stay strong- enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Coni:))) You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. only trouble you will get into is having a great summer. I wish for the someone to say "Lets go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "to have someone to do things with or a swimming pool in
    which to do them" says it all...Many lonely people out there this weekend and you hit the jackpot dear one...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great attitude, Coni. It's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You truly are blrssed. I would hide under said chair so the kids wouldn't find me
    Blessings
    Baa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind being on my own most of the time, but there are days when I wish I had someone to do silly stuff with. I suspect you'll have a lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to make this my motto too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to see what all you get yourself up to by saying yes! Good for you! It will be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you and and your boy. Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have made a great start with yes to golf and pickle ball!

    I, on the other hand, said yes to an emergency appendectomy on Saturday night. I am now home on pain meds and antibiotics (thank you to the Canadian health system and my employer's benefits), but a bit too discombobulated for any stitching.

    Susan Anonymouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to admit that for me too, it is much easier for me to say no than yes. Hubby and I just talked about this just yesterday. Trying to change that a little. Let the fun shine in!

    ReplyDelete