Jul 6, 2010

LILY OF THE VALLEY FEE NEE

Lily of the Valley Collage
Laura J. Perin
18 ct. mono canvas in marbleized green
Caron Watercolours, Waterlilies, DMC #5 perle, and Flair
started 5/23/08
finished 7/6/10

It's way past my bedtime, so I'll keep it short and sweet. May I present Laura J. Perin's Lily of the Valley Collage?

(Please keep in mind that the whack-a-do idea of using silk flowers on this is purely MY idea and in no way reflects how simply gorgeous the design is if you stitch it as Ms. LJP Her Very Self intended.) (I'm just a boob and thought I would try something different.) (And, I'm too lazy to tent stitch the middles of these and am using the silk flower idea purely as an excuse for being so lazy.)

Oh, and please note that the flowers won't look like that in real life....they are just placed there for photographic purposes and will most certainly be carefully attached with invisible thread in a most artistic fashion. I swear.

Today is the 5th anniversary of the day I brought Stewey home. Aunt Chrissy and I drove to Ligonier, Indiana to the Willowswamp Farm by way of corn fields, and when we got him home I rolled a ball down the driveway and he chased after it and I squealed with delight that my itty bitty little two pound dog knew how to fetch and then Aunt Chrissy rolled her eyes and things have never been the same since. Damn, but I love that dog.

22 comments:

  1. That was fast! FABULOUS!

    Happy Brought Stewie Home Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! Congratulations!

    Happy 5 Year Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. Puppy love is bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Fee Nee looks lovely and Happy 5th Anniversary to Stewey´s Coming Home Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finished piece! And have enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, as ever, Coni! I do love your idea for the silk flowers - really makes it something special.

    And Happy Anniversary to you and Stewey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Fabulous finish! Happy adoption day to Stewey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coni, your Lily of the Valley is lovely; I really like the silk flower idea. It makes the piece stand out. Happy anniversary to you and Stewey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Lily of the Valley - so I love this one!!!

    Congrats on the Anniversary!! Did Stewey get you a present?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you and Stewey enjoy some fetching time and reminiscing today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy adoption day to Stewey! I'm a craptastic mother and missed Stella's adoption day (6/27) because it also happens to be my father's birthday. Okay 70 years trumps the dogs anniversary date...maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous stitching. Just beautiful/

    And a super happy wonderful anniversary to Stewey!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful finish Coni - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your idea for the silk flower.

    Don't you wish Stewie's breath still smelled like puppy breath? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finished Lily a while back but I'm now sorry I didn't do what you did. What a fantastic idea! It really looks great and makes the whole piece pop!

    Congrats on five years at home with your Mommy Stewie. You are one lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your creative finish and I feel the same way about Sophie and Gracie - I just love those girls to death.

    Stewey is a lucky lad to have you for a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic finish!

    Happy Anniversary to Stewie and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful piece completed.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Stewey. May your next five years be as sweet and loving as the first five. Time has a way of quickly passing - my little man is now 16 and I can clearly recall the day we brought him home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your Lily Of The Valley Coni! The green is just yummy!

    Happy adoption anniversary! (belated). I understand your puppy passion all too well! Kisses to Stewey....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you find the "Dog In - Dog Out" pattern ????? I have got to have it to add to my stash !!!! Thanks, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful finish! Happy adoption day Stewey!

    ReplyDelete