Jul 5, 2010

NUTHIN' BUT NET


I've completed all of the moteefs on Laura J. Perin's Lily of the Valley Collage, so now I'm on to the background. I think it looks like fishnet pantyhose. (Thus the clever title post.) (Where DO I come up with this stuff?)


The July 4th holiday weekend was a quiet one here at Chez Spinster. Aunt Chrissy and Bosco came for cheeseburgers on the bar-be-que grill, and tonight we managed to have the first corn on the cob of the season. Methinks it wasn't quite ready yet, since both AC and I looked at each other and said "Eh" and then passed the pickles. We like to slather it with mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese and then steam it in a foil pouch on the grill. (Stop that retching....you have to try it before you think we've officially lost our damn minds. It's really quite good.) Actually, I would love to take credit for the recipe, but those honors belong to Ms. Paula Dean Her Very Self. (As I just re-read the last few sentences, I realized that my description sounds awful. So let's try again....make a lovely paste for your corn with a little mayo, some fabulously fresh Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, cayenne, and a little paprika and then steam on the grill.) Better?


Stewey is on his perch enjoying a hot summer evening. He was out on the patio earlier tanning his little heiney on the hot cement, but I made him come in. Just looking at him out there was making me sweat. I don't know how the darn dog does it with that little fur coat on, but Mommie Dearest here thinks anything over 55 degrees is just too damn hot.


I'm off to the Happy Chair to plug away on this background. I noticed that my DVR thingie is almost full, so I suppose I should watch a movie or two to make room for some new stuff.


Happy Monday!

11 comments:

  1. Cute Title - I guess it's a gift ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your word-smithery is wonderful. I was groovin' on your culinary descriptions... but then... I like anything with Mayo. Happy 4th + 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! It looks like you will have this one completed very soon.

    Have never tried corn prepared that way, but it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna have to try the corn recipe. Sounds yummy to me. Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Coni, that corn sounds truly disgusting, no wonder Stewey pees on the drapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Of course I always think that fishnet stockings turn your legs into alfoil patterns...you know the little diamonds on the kitchen rolls of foil???
    And 55degrees??? farenheit or celcius??? 55f=13c - our winter temperatures here are 11-15c
    (please enlighten!) lol
    hugs to Stewey too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilies looks wonderful. Hope you stayed nice and cool over the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't you just love Ms. Paula Dean? I think that sounds tasty... and I agree 55 sounds down-right better than the weather we are entertaining now in Michigan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you were describing how you prepared your pickles. Ugh.. time for bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmm. May need to try the corn recipe. I agree with your assessment of too hot, but I prefer something between 60 and 70. The stitching is sure coming along!

    ReplyDelete