In the hospital with what we think is a Crohn's flare gone awry. I came to the Boogie ER on Wednesday night (a small standalone facility a minute away from CS2) and after 15 hours there they admitted me to their five-bed inpatient hospital right here in the same building.
(No, Betty, this isn't me neing a princess and spending a billion dollars to have room service. This is the same hospital that did my Louie surgery...just not the main one downtown that didn't have one single bed.)
(So bite me. I'm sick.)
I was feeling pretty poorly Wednesday morning and then got hit with the worst chills you can imagine, and then spiked a fever super fast. One car ride later and I'm hooked up to iv antibiotics, drinking enough ice water to float a barge, and under quarantine until they get all of the cultures back.
Ick.
But the BellyBean is clocking in with numbers indicating he's OK, and Louie is taking a clear liquid gut rest like a little champ and has only farted once in front of a nurse.
Alas, no stitching...but once my head clears a bit and I am feeling less like death I'll get back to it, I promise!
JB is doing his thing, and I have made him promise me to stay calm and do his thing. He feels bad that he's not here in a gown, mask, gloves, and whatever else crazy getup you need...but I'm just happy he's not im the visitor chair looking like he's going to pass out.
Of all the people in the world a super-phonic white coat symdrome sufferer gets stuck with...and it's me.
Talk amongst yourselves, Dearies. I'll be here with my iv pole doing my thing for a bit!!
Cheers!





Sending love to you Coni, and gentle hugs. I’ll say a prayer to the big guy for you too! It’s miserable being sick but I’m sure they are taking good care of you. Reina
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like when I had sepsis. Take care!!!
ReplyDeleteNever a dull moment. Rest and let the hospital staff take care of you. Get well soon!
ReplyDeleteOh Coni, when you were posting those brave and determinedly cheerful posts I worried that there was something going awry that you were hoping to tough out. Please be well! And the Bettys of this world can go rot.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers and lots of love your way dear Coni. Glad the belly-bean & Louie are standing firm. Take care and get your rest.xoxoxo m p.s. hugs to your JB ❤️😘
ReplyDeleteIt's comforting to know you're sucrose to good care but so sorry to hear you need them again. Prayers that they work their magic and you're home soon and we'll again. Debby in CO
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you're not well! Hoping for a quick recovery ❤️
ReplyDeleteHope you heal quickly and can go home soon. As Dorothy said, “There’s no place like home.”
ReplyDelete