Jul 19, 2026

AAAAHHHH...THAT FEELS BETTER

My poor stitchy mojo has been so non-existent lately that I feared it had fled the coop forever. But...thanks to my fifteen minute rule (*) I am happy to report that I am back in the saddle.

I had this lovely project kitted up in the cube room studio, and if memory serves me, I picked it up a few years ago during a Guild trip to the House of Stitches. I promised myself that I would only purchase things in kits, which meant chart, fabric, and threads...and that resulted in an easy decision for a fast start up.

The first step in getting ready for a new start is to create/organize my thread pallet. This means that I basically put little labels with the chart symbols onto a felted surface so that I can hold my working threads and not spend time fishing strands out of the storage pouch or off of cards or out of skeins.

See? Now all I have to do is look at the symbol, strip off a ply, and get to it.

Then I find my bling...these are some of my favorites, and since it's still very summery they seemed still appropriate.

And then we make a start! This was as much as I got done this afternoon while doing six loads of laundry and ordering our monthly household supplies from the Targets.


 And here's where I ended tonight! I hope I don't jinx myself for the rest of the project, but I'm thrilled with the amount of progress I made!

What a happy Sunday, Dearies! I got to spend some quality time with my Jersey Boy, my needle and thread, and some Dots Snack Mix that was somehow part of the household supply delivery.

(*) The fifteen minute rule is that I tell myself I only have to do something for fifteen minutes before giving up or switching to something else. 


3 comments:

  1. That's great, Coni. If your mojo is still iffy, the 15 minute rule is a great way to ease back into it. Happy stitching. Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use something similar to your 15-minute rule. Now, I should probably apply it to exercise. You are off to a good start on the PSS piece. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar thing to the 15 minute rule — do random kitchen cleaning or squats/plies while waiting for the kettle, microwave, toaster, etc.

    ReplyDelete