Apr 15, 2024

THANK YOU, DEARIES! WE'RE OFF LIKE A HERD OF TURTLES!

Thank you, Dearies, for all of the lovely birthday wishes! Can you believe I'm 58?! I'm pretty sure I have the emotional maturity of a 13-year old, so as the years keep passing by, I sometimes catch myself looking in the mirror gasping "Whoa! What just happened?!"

I had a lovely day and managed a new start:
This is Botanical Bee from Hands on Design, and I'm stitching it on a beautiful piece of 28ct fabric from Colour & Cotton called Lapis Medium with threads pulled from my stash. My progress was so tiny that I'll wait to wow you with it when there's more, but methinks this will move quickly since I do love it so.

Today has dawned bright and beautiful here in Hoosierville. I'll leave you with a pic of the pink tulips at the Grotto. Aren't they swell?
Happy Monday to you! Come tell me everything that's twirling skirts in your corner of the world!


8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you. I'm almost 66 so you're just a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased the botanical bee recently also. Haven't started it yet. Oh, to be 58 again. LOL. I am 66 but feel much younger most days, probably not today as I cleaned up the flower gardens from the mess of winter and I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the Botanical Bee!🐝🐝🐝 It's on my 1-2-3 Wish list. Your fabric is perfect! DaπŸ’£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘❤❤❤ Love the 🌷🌷🌷at the Botanical gardens. My dear mom loved ⚘⚘and my dad always planted some for her. Alas, where I live in SoCal, 🌷will not grow for me...not enough chill time..even with refrigeration. Have a great day. I'm 70, so you're still a "tot" in my book!😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most blessed, belated birthday, dear heart. 58 is one step closer
    to full wisdom, gratitude, understanding and loving, if you do it
    right..... In your case, so far, so good....Jubilate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang it - I knew I missed a birthday somewhere! Happy belated birthday and it looked like a beautiful day for you. Happy buzzing stitches too.
    All the best, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday, Coni! The tulip picture is a beauty. What a lovely choice for a new start! That blue fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it was a good day!! The Grotto looks so beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to you! I have a patch on my motorcycle vest that says I didn't know old age would happen so fast! It went by quick didn't it???

    ReplyDelete