Apr 19, 2024

TGIF, DEARIES. TGIF.

It's been a long week, Friends, but I'm happy to report that progress was made on Botanical Bee:

I also managed to finish reading The Hobbit. I confess...not my usual bookish fare, but I needed a bit of escape, and Mr Bilbo was just what my tiny little brain needed! Next up will be one of the six novels in my library book bag...probably something a bit more contemporary.

Here's hoping that I can get myself back into a better/healthier/more delightful routine in the coming weeks! My horoscope says this is a time of new beginnings, so...fingers crossed!

What's new in your cozy corner of the world?


 

6 comments:

  1. botanical bee looks amazing. Still haven't started my bee yet. I have to finish another stitch first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Botanical Bee. Here is hoping you are on the
    springboard toward full recovery and renewed well being. Take
    your time .... always stitching to distract until....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed The Hobbit. I far prefer it to Lord of the Rings, which takes itself way too seriously. The Botanical Bee is looking good! My cosy corner isn't nearly cosy enough: autumn has arrived with a blast. This weekend I'll be trying out stitches for a very tricky range of mountains! And also practising walking, following my hip surgery. Makes me feel young again! Enjoy the beginning of your 58th exciting year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Botanical Bee piece is looking fabulous, Coni. Hope you have a restful and relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve had a cold the last few days and my nose is running too much to let me stitch. So I’ve been reading a series recommended by Jodi Picoult, that starts with “A Curse So Dark and Lonely”. It’s an intense YA retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Now halfway through book 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. and I finally figured out how to make my iPad add my name!

      Delete