Jun 14, 2023

MOVING RIGHT ALONG ON A LOVELY US FLAG DAY...


 

Am I the only one who finds moving a project on q-snaps both satisfying AND frustrating? I do get so excited to view a piece in its entirety to see how far I've come along, but the prospects of getting the fabric back ON the q-snaps perfectly straight makes me gird my loins.

(What can I say? The years may have mellowed me a bit, but you just can't take the crazy out of crazy...you know what I mean?)

If you look at the photo of the finished piece on the left, you can see that the entire tableau rests on a big patch of green. I like the green, I really do, but I also like the idea of skipping it so that the moteefs on the bottom will actually show up better. (That, and the fact that I really don't want to stitch all of that green and would prefer to call this one finished without it.)

What do you think?

JB is taking the air on the balcony, and I'm going to thread up and enjoy a few hours of stitching before dinner. I did my chores today and am clean and sparkly after a nice long shower, so this is a perfect little reward. All I need now is a cold brew boost, and we can call this FutzingFlag Day complete!

Happy Flag Day, Dearies!



5 comments:

  1. skip the green ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Coni, if you hadn't had the model photo with your work, I wouldn't have noticed the difference! It looks gorgeous as is 🙂 Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely skip the green - so much prettier without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skip the green - I don't think it's adding anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like it without the green. I say skip it and enjoy seeing the motifs stand on their own.

    ReplyDelete