Jun 28, 2023

A LITTLE FUTZINGDAY SPINSTERCATION BLISS...


 

Hello, Dearies.

I'm having one of the best kinds of mornings...quiet, slow, happy, and peaceful. I slept until I woke up, had my two cups of damn good while perusing the papers, and then enjoyed a nice small healthy breakfast while puzzling the puzzles.

(Rich is in New Jersey for a few weeks visiting his mom, so I am having to adult and do things without supervision.)

(Beware.)

I've promised myself to behave, and a full 24 hours in...I'm happy to report that I have done so. The weather/smoke and pool maintenance have forced me to entertain myself with stitching and TeeVee, so other than an occasional plunge into the iPad thingie, I'm managing very nicely.

If all goes according to plan, I should be able to finish the stitching portion of Star Spangled Banner today or tomorrow, and then start the beading portion thereafter. Did I mention there are beads on this one? Yup. Hundreds and hundreds of them. I do think, however daunting all of that beading is to me, that this is going to be really very pretty once completed fully.

Our EGA South Bend guild had our annual field trip/shop visit to House of Stitches on Monday night, and I was delighted to find a few things to add to my late Summer stitchy basket:


I know that the top one is called Spring Heart, but somehow it just felt more like Summer to me, and the colors in the bottom one seemed almost like Fall. (Yes, Betty. I do realize that it is not mandatory to stitch seasonally, and to imply such is not necessary, but it's how I roll, Girlfriend. Live with it.)

(For newer friends of this here blog, Betty is the name I've assigned to the person(s) who feel(s) compelled to write to me on a regular basis to complain, excoriate, yell at, and generally hate on Yours Truly over here. She (he) used to gut me completely with their hate, but now I have affectionately begun to think of her (him) as the Old Man Muppets in the theater complaining about the show and I get on with it.)

So back to needle and thread I go. My Starbucks points are burning a hole in my pocket, so I might actually indulge in one of their cold brews this afternoon rather than a homemade one. I typically pour a Kirkland cold brew can into a big cup of ice and add a protein shake, or sugar free CoffeeMate and a pump or two of sugar free syrup, but sometimes you just have to return to the Mothership.

Cheers and Ciao, Dearies! I hope this finds you safe and well. Come tell me what's blowing your skirt up today!


7 comments:

  1. I was in Starbucks yesterday for the first time in a long time and saw their “Oleato” Starbucks coffee “infused with Partanna EVOO.” What is up with that? Sounds gross. Needless to say, I didn’t try it. Your day and stitching plans sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief! Betty is still strewing chaos around?! You would have thought she would have burned out long ago. Love to heart about your adventures Coni. It keeps me going especially on my low days. (I’m having a bad one today.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coni, I personally think stitchers should stitch what they want when they. If you want to stitch a seasonal project in season, go for it. If you want to stitch on it whenever the mood hits, your choice. As for the beads, it's no different than stitching other then putting a bead on the needle before plunging back into the fabric! You can do it! Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a totally blissful futzing day, Coni! I say stitch what you want when you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bettys of the world always amaze me - one would think they would have better things to do with our limited time on this planet. Like stick to their own business... stitching or reading or friends or what have you. All those other things are really living as opposed to ranting at cyber people we will likely never meet and don't really know!! Ah well. I'm glad you've taken a laissez-faire attitude and let them roll on by! Enjoy your spinstercation. BTW my husband and adult kids are headed to Canada fishing for a week. They do this every summer and I glory in a week doing what ever I want. Its heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coni as to Rich being away for a time, you need the t-shirt that says,"In my defense,I was left unsupervised" . That would cover any mischief you may find yourself getting in to 😉

    ReplyDelete