Feb 12, 2023

JUST WHAT A SATURDAY SHOULD BE



I have to admit, this whole leaving the house thing completely wipes me out, but there might be some merit in it! Lima peeps arrived at noon, and after I pulled my socks up, we headed downtown to a great restaurant for a fantastic lunch.

Then we all had a little rest and headed over to campus for the hockey game, which was perhaps one of the most exciting and fun games I've ever seen. Notre Dame beat Ohio State in a second overtime shootout that lasted nine rounds. Wow! I actually hollered and shook my wobbly bits all over the place and hopped up and down like a crackpot co-ed.

It was wonderful.

Then, we headed to an Irish pub for a late dinner and after ordering fish and chips with no fries (Uh...Spinster? Fish and chips with no fries is just...fish), I came to my senses and had grilled salmon, even though I wanted a cheeseburger. And a reuben. And onion rings. And cheesecake. And Scotch eggs, Buffalo chicken wings, and anything else that didn't qualify as remotely good for you.

But I didn't.

I had grilled salmon in an Irish pub at 9:00 on a Saturday night after a rockin' hockey game, with kids hoisting pints of Guinness and doing shots.

(I'm such a dork).

So today I am tired and completely spent physically, but really looking forward to some sunshine and stitching and Super Bowling. My Rich is all ready to watch his Eagles, I'm going to thread up and finish this:


Happy, happy Sunday, Dearies! I hope your weekend has been wonderful!


 

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed the SB with two outstanding young quarterbacks. And the opportunity to stitch for 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coni, it sounded like you had a rip roaring time on Saturday with your peeps. I would have eaten grilled salmon with you. Your birdhouse piece is moving along nicely. Have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a fun day you had with your friends! Hope your week is off to a good start.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a good day, Coni. I shouldn’t worry about being a dork for eating grilled salmon in a bar at 9pm, I was already in bed (as I am every night *lol)!

    ReplyDelete