Feb 22, 2023

FAT TUESDAY FOOD HANGOVER




I've been watching my diet religiously for a little bit lately, and have had some success getting the post-transplant weight off. I'm down ten pounds with another hundred and twenty to go, but I've been concentrating on slow and steady and good healthy food.

Since yesterday was Fat Tuesday, I decided to have a "Last Supper" and order in from the DoorDash, which is the exact thing I'm giving up for Lent. I rely entirely too much on it and the delivery from the Martin's grocery store, so for forty days I will put my shoes and socks on and go to the market like a grown human does.

But last night?

Not so much.

I ordered Five Guys.

I'm not going to lie to you and say "Oh...after eating clean for so long this really didn't taste too good", because it was freaking delicious and I could have eaten myself into a food coma with it....which I practically did.

But today I'm a little squiggie around the edges, so it's back to paying attention and being mindful, grateful, and careful of my BellyBean.

I'm making good progress on Spring Rolls:

It's just miserable outside today with icy cold rain, so methinks I'll make a lot more progress once I've finished my damn good and started the laundry sploshing. It really is a delightful stitch, and the fabric is butt-a. 

So that's the Ash Wednesday/Futzingday report, Dearies. I hope your little corner of the world is exactly as you wish it to be. Come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Coni! Imhate to admit it, but I've been a lurker on your blog for quite a while now. I've really appreciated your positive attitude and enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your stitching and health updates. As an introvert, it's difficult for me to comment while thinking, "What difference would my little message make?", but since you ask pretty much every time, you have worn me down and so I'm writing. Have a great day! Today, I'm working in the morning and then going to read to an elderly friend in the afternoon, and do some belly dance exercise with another friend after that. No, I'm not skinny...need to lose about 60 lbs, so it's quite the sight to see us learning these new moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie...❤️🥰❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me, by the way. (Coni)

      Delete
  3. Five Guys is delish!!! Takes everything in me not to weigh 1000 lbs..too much delicious food and beverage in the world. At least if I am stitching my hands are busy do I can’t be eating. Your new project is sweet. Hopefully you’ll get some spring weather to go with it soon

    Amy in NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lent is the ideal time to measure your sacrifice against His... giving
    up and offering up is just what is needed to get yourself on track
    and running, in gratitude for the many gifts with which you have
    been blessed....count them. You can make it happen and have....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring Rolls is looking good, Coni! You could move to my neck of the woods 'cuz one that would be fun, but two, there is no Door Dash here. Enjoy your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete