Dec 28, 2022

WHELMED IN THE MOST OVER WAY POSSIBLE

Hi, Dearies!

The sun is shining again here in Hoosierville, so I spent a good amount of extra time with my face in it before hurling myself out of the big girl sleigh bed this morning.

(Sorry for the visual.)

(These's something about putting my head on a pillow with sunbeams on it. As I'm sure I've mentioned before (two or three thousand times), one of my favorite afternoon rituals with Stewey was the afternoon snoozy nap with our faces in the sun. Still being able to do that here at CS2 with a south-facing bedroom is a real treat, even if it's not quite the same without that little furry lump under the covers.)

But I digress.

I received an email from a Dearie in California telling me that she has arranged for me to have my very own rose on the Donate Life float in this year's Rose Parade. Needless to say, I am still a bit gobsmacked by the idea, and am sitting here feeling like the Queen High Exalted Of The Whole Entire Universe again.

As I explained to "C" (I don't want to reveal her identity without permission), one of my very best memories as a kid was sitting in front of the TeeVee with Aunt Chrissy watching the Rose Bowl Parade. Everybody usually came to our house to have food and watch football, and the first to arrive was Uncle Connie...who made sure that we were watching the parade and who reminded us that our Aunt Mary lived right there in California. 

I STILL watch that parade every year, and I have promised myself that some day I will see it in person so I can marvel at all of those beautiful floats up close. Who knows? Maybe I could figure out how to get a gig volunteering to help decorate one? I'm sure with the right supervision I could do a respectable job and fulfill a bucket list dream simultaneously.

So forgive me for being a giddy mess today, but I am still floating around inside Cloud Ninety Nine that I have such lovely, amazing, and perfect Dearies in my life. How did I ever get so blessed?



13 comments:

  1. That is wonderful!! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gesture.... you will be "in" the parade ...enjoy
    every moment of the festivities...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! What a sweet thing to do! Do come out to California...my understanding is Rose Parade volunteers are always looking for more volunteers!🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'll be sure to watch for your float.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic honor and we'll deserved! Congratulations. Debby in CO

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a child, I was always SO disappointed watching the parade - they always cut away for commercial just when the horses were reaching the cameras. The building of the floats is fascinating, and I can't imagine the flurry of last minute things to do putting on bits that can't go on a minute sooner.
    What a cool thing to have a rose in your name on the float!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watching the parade has been a tradition for a long time. Will watch for your float.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift to receive, Coni! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to the Rose Parade just one time (I even lived in So Cal!) The one thing that impressed me by being there in person was the smell! The floats had such lovely fragrances! Can't get that through the television screen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A friend of mine did a Rhodes scholar tour to the parade this year. And they got to help decorate!

    ReplyDelete