Nov 24, 2022

SCENES AND THOUGHTS FROM A THANKSGIVING, BY THE SPINSTER STITCHER HER VERY SELF





 

I scaled back this year.

(At least I TRIED to scale back.)

The biggest change (besides the quantity of food), was the corn pudding recipe. I normally make Ina Garten's Sagaponak Corn Pudding with heavy cream, aged cheddar, sauteed fresh corn, and baked in a water bath. But this year? Jiffy muffin mix, a couple cans of corn, some sour cream and melted butter, simply dumped in the dish and baked.

I wish I could tell you it tasted as good as Ina's, but did I mention I can't taste anything?

Can't taste anything.

On Thanksgiving.

I'm still thankful, though, that I was able to manage a feast and carve my first turkey and that my Jersey Boy enjoyed every morsel. Today is his favorite day of the year, and he got to sit in his chair and smell things cooking and watch his football and is now contentedly snoozing away after having his pumpkin pie.

Totally worth it.

I'm off to bed, Dearies. I hope your day was blessed with everything that makes you happy!


11 comments:

  1. Despite dealing with COVID, you did all of that....that scrumptous
    meal so beautifully prepared and presented...bless you heart and
    devotion to JB... Praying you rest and healing through the night....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your tastebuds recover soon enough to at least enjoy leftovers because it looks perfectly delicious!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
    -NerdGirl Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks scrumptious!!! I make corn pudding the same way. Delicious! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That feast would be an achievement for me any day, let alone while not feeling well. Lousy timing to loose your sense of taste, I hope it comes back in time for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your feast looked incredible especially since you weren't feeling well. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving Coni. Looks like a great feast and plenty of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy day after Thanksgiving, Coni! Hope you're feeling better and will get your sense of taste back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - looks delicious. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww poo. cant taste!!? so sorry. da^ covid!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete