Oct 2, 2022

SUNDAY NAIL DAY



 

Rich is doing his thing at the golf course and I am doing my nail thing at the dining room table and making biscotti. Mrs C (Rich's mom in New Jersey) was kind enough to share her recipe, so I whipped up a batch of dough and it's resting in the fridge before baking.

It's been a lovely slow Sunday so far, with lots of resting and fluid drinking. This silly flu has decided to up its game, and in addition to the usual lousy symptoms, I'm feeling just...blah. If I don't feel better by Wednesday of this week, I'll take myself in for a poke and prod. I promise.

No new stitching to report, unfortunately, but I am very determined to get needle and thread in hand tonight. I have been falling into the iPad thingie these last few weeks, so methinks it's time to stow her away in the afternoons from now on.

I hope your Sunday has been wonderful and that you'll come tell me all about it! What's new, Dearies?

8 comments:

  1. Hope you start to feel better soon. Love the nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naughty flu! Your nails are very snazzy, good to keep your spirits up so you'll kick that lurgy into touch ready for some stitchy delights. I'm sure the biscotti will be deeelish!
    It's it's garlic and winter onion time, so busy in the veg patch. HRH is into cooking and baking.
    All the best, Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flu should fly: I'm getting it too, judging by my Kleenex use. Hope yours goes away soon. Your nails fascinate me, which is odd because I don't think I've used anything on mine since I was about 19. But I do enjoy looking at what you keep doing to yours! Thank you for brightening my day; looking forward to some stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still focusing on getting that king-size quilt top together. I hope you kick that flu to the curb quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails look cute, Coni. Give that flu bug a great big kick to the curb so you are feeler better sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your recent flu wows spurred me on to get my flu shot a little earlier this year. good has come from your illness. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you haven't shaken that bug....continue doing what works
    best for you....especially liquids and calm. The biscotti sounds delightful...with damn good.... share the recipe if you are happy with
    the results..Mrs. C would be proud....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure what got me over the weekend, but I spent most of it asleep! Still not feeling quite right, but am trying to make the best of it. Today is my next-to-last PT appointment. I'm going to miss my trainer! He's been very encouraging & a total sweetheart.

    Don't talk to me about fingernails ..fagh. I made the mistake of saying "My nails are looking good, I think I'll polish them" out loud and now they've all broken and/or developed stupid chips.

    I'm still working on 2 overdue stitched b'day presents, and there's a bad case of startitis trying to flare up. Just got JBW Owls in the Round & a pretty variegated brown floss for it.

    Rest well & enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete