Oct 3, 2022

BISCOTTI FROM MRS C ... AND A LITTLE STITCHY UPDATE

 Hard Biscotti

 

1/2 lb sweet butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

4 eggs (1 at a time)

2 tsp vanilla

4 cups flour

3 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp almond extract

 

Mix alll ingredients, then refrigerate for 2  hours.  Bake at 350 on middle shelf of oven for 20 to 25 minutes.  Cut and rebake to dry.

 


This reminds me a lot of some of my own mom's recipes....not exactly detailed in their instructions! I followed them precisely, but when it came time to shaping the "log", I only made one on the larger side, rather than three or four much smaller ones, so my baking time was more like an hour rather than 25 minutes. 


After baking and cooling, I sliced them and then re-baked to form the final product...which were actually quite good!


If I can, I'd like to try it again this afternoon so that Rich will have a nice big batch of them for his coffee. The freezer is almost full, but I'm pretty sure I can find space for a little bag or two!


Here's my little stitchy update:




10 comments:

  1. What is sweet butter? Is it unsalted? I have never heard this term before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard that term either, so I just used unsalted butter.

      Delete
  2. Sounds yum! Stitching is cute! And she's back! Cheerio, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good - I'll have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitch is looking good, Coni! Well done on the biscotti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the name of the piece you are stitching?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Up In The Air by Barbara Ana Designs.

      Delete
  6. Many thanks for the recipe, Coni. Think I'll add some almond bits to
    the mix. Think Rich is spoiled ? lol... Just love "up in the air"... so whimsical and unaware of self. Just charming....

    ReplyDelete