Jul 29, 2022

IN WHICH WE HAVE A LITTLE ADVENTURE

Today was Cottage Care day, which means spending an hour or two away from CS2 while the ladies puff and fluff and generally disinfect. The original plan was to get labwork done first at the heiney crack of dawn, and then have a nice breakfast out.

But the ladies needed to come at noon today instead, so we decided to get labwork done tomorrow morning, and go for a nice lunch instead.

So we did.


Go ahead...admonish me for taking a picture while driving. I was so completely enchanted with the gorgeous blue sky and big fat white puffy clouds that I kinda forgot I was behind the wheel until a lot of expletives and bar grabbing started happening over in the passenger seat. 

So I knocked off my foolishness and resumed TEN AND TWO and away we went:


If you're a fan of Drive-Ins, Diners, and Dives or you happen to live in the vicinity of Hoosierville, then you know that this little joint is a great place to get an authentic Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich made by an authentic Philadelphian. Rich had been here once before and has been wanting to return, so return we did.

Needless to say, I won't be eating anything else today, since I filled up my little calorie tracking thingie with the sandwich, a few fries, and then bites of homemade peach pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

(Totally and absolutely worth it, by the way.)

Then we made a pit stop at the Targets so Rich could inquire about eye glasses and I could try to find a blue eyeliner, and then to the Martins for lottery tickets.

Rich is now on the balcony enjoying the breeze and his radio, and I'm getting ready to finally read the paper and get stitching. Not having to make or eat dinner tonight should free up some good stitchy time, so we'll see how much of a dent I can make in Baked Alaska.

Happy, happy weekend, Dearies! I hope that the next few days ate restful and fun for you! I'm going to try to behave myself, and promise to give you a full report on Monday!


3 comments:

  1. Your meal out sounded yummy. Hard to find a good Philly Cheesesteak! Have a wonderful weekend, dear Coni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a great day. I still love to cook, but I hate the clean up. Eating out is never arguable with me. I'm all for it. Anything to free up more time for stitching and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slot เว็บตรง PG เป็นค่ายสล็อตออนไลน์ยอดฮิตเพราะว่าภาพแสงสีแสง สุดอลังกาลมากับโปรโมชั่นสุดพิเศษแล้วก็เครดิตฟรีเยอะมาก pg slot ไม่เหมือนใคร แล้วก็สล็อตเว็บไซต์ตรง แตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete