Mar 11, 2022

IN WHICH OUR SPINSTER IS CONVINCED IT IS SATURDAY, BUT ALAS, IT IS NOT

I am having the Saturdayest Friday ever, Dearies. I took Rich to the eye doctor yesterday, and then we stopped at the restaurant across the  parking lot from CS2 for dinner. 

Villa Macri is huge! There is a sports theater room, a private dining room, a patio, a martini bar, and a big round room. They also have an upstairs private room and a wine room in the basement.

(If I ever get my act together and plan a retreat, I think we might have to go there.)

 
Today, I'm a bit bleary, so I'm situated with the paper, a nice cold Vitamin water, and my stitching.

And yes, I couldn't leave well enough alone. I just had to make those birds red. I'm missing seeing the cardinals in the back yard, so decided that these two little guys would have to suffice.

I'm going to wash towels and bedding today and not much else. I suspect that I'll get twitchy later this afternoon thinking that I have to get ready for Mass, but I'll figure it out and will probably do my nails instead.

What's on your agenda for the day, Dearies? Come tell me all about it!

9 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny that haters have so much time to point out the perceived failings of others? Why aren't they hatching plans on getting rid of Putin? Too bad they aren't using their time and talents on fixing the broken foster care system or volunteering time to visit the lonely or rocking newborns in ICUs. They could be so much happier. It makes me sad for a few moments but then I have so much to do I cannot dwell on them any longer. I have too. much living to do. I truly pray they will find happier ways to spend their time and energy to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haters suck up too much oxygen. Smiles restore the same!! I love what you have to say and always how you say it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red birds! Don't let the Bettys of this world get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Saturday/Friday all day today too. I almost did laundry, which is tomorrow's chore!! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. From what I could see of that restaurant, it looks beautiful. I bet the food was delicious. Those red birds are absolutely perfect. Love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thursday I dug up a wheelbarrowful of parsnips, Friday was wet so HRH and I prepped them all and they now sit in the freezer. Today the sun is out at last! Yippeee!
    I love the red birds, gives the piece a real lift.
    Those ceiling arches are grand!
    You do exactly what you feel you can or want to do. Isn't that what retirement is about anyway. Now I wonder what nail design you'll choose! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bower Birds is looking great and I love the red birds, Coni! I fell in your camp with thinking that it was Saturday a good bit of the day as well. Can't wait to see what nail wraps you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the red birds! Even though white is my very least favorite color to stitch with I may have to stitch Bower Birds, or at least add it to my "next" basket. Yours is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red birds! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete