Mar 13, 2022

OK...BRACE YOURSELVES, DEARIES

Your hapless Spinster went to a concert last night.

Yes...you read that correctly. I donned actual outside clothing and left the cozy confines of CS2 for a ROCKIN' Saturday night out.

(Pause for reaction).

The first stop was 4:00 Mass in the Basilica's Crypt. Sadly, I did not make it past the second reading, because I was having more issues than Vogue and needed to flee to the powder room. Instead of returning to the services, I made my way to the car and took some deep cleansing breaths and then tried to analyze just what the heck is wrong with me.

(I'm honestly hoping it was a stomach bug and not a complete agoraphobic breakdown. It honestly felt like a panic attack combined with a case of the uh-ohs, but cold fresh air seemed to help.)

(Either way, Rich is convinced I'm just crazy.)

Then we drove over to LaPorte, Indiana (home of House of Stitches), and we met both old and new friends for a fantastic dinner at a restaurant called Portofino.

And then...it was off to the LaPorte Civic Auditorium for Marakesh Express...a Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young tribute band.

Most of the music might have been a little before my time, but I recognized almost every single song, and I tapped my feet right along with the rest of the crowd.

The venue itself is, quite possibly, one of the most beautiful auditoria I've ever seen, and despite its age of 100+ years, it is in absolutely perfect condition. The sound quality and our seats (at a big table on the floor thanks to our hosts and friends Mike and Cherly) were just wonderful, and I can't wait to go again!



Rich knew every word to every song, and had a great time!

Admittedly, after making it home and moving the clocks an hour forward to almost 2am,  I am completely worn out today and didn't make it out of the big girl sleigh bed until well after noon. But, it was definitely worth it!

So, that's the happy report from Spinsterville today! I'm going to get the newspapers read and get back to stitching my Bower Birds!

Hope your Sunday is exactly what you need it to be, Dearies! Come tell me all about it!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun, well-deserved, night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! I'm someone who would have remembered every.single.word of a CSN&Y tribute! Peace brother! ✌ Sounds lije a super duper time. Im glad your "issues" got resolved fairly quickly! luv,
    MaryO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reaction - was a big smile! Sorry about the issues but you had a good time overall and that trumps everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the "issues" earlier, it sounds like you had a great time at the concert Coni! Enjoy your resting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the issues have resolved themselves, Coni! It sounded like you had a wonderful outing with dinner and concert. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful night out. Music heals!!
    So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete