Dec 1, 2021

A PROPER FUTZINGDAY...AT LAST!

My Futzingday started late, because no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't seem to drag myself from the big girl sleigh bed. I blame it on the fact that it was very very cold in the bedroom, and I was very happily snuggled under a new fuzzy blanket that arrived from the Targets yesterday afternoon.

Lots and lots of damn good while perusing the iPad thingie, and while wearing my Snoopy robe, and then it was on to some real live genuine futzing. I played in the kitchen...putting things away, emptying old containers, clearing the fridge and freezer, re-organizing the pantry, etc, and then I took a little break tor lunch (cottage cheese and half a turkey sandwich thankyouverymuch), and then I washed sippy cups, ran the dishwasher, and emptied the trash.

That, alas, is enough for me today. I'm pleased with my progress, and hope to futz a little more tomorrow. I still have that feeling of "hurry hurry hurry" because I used to have to cram everything into only a day or two each week, but I think that will pass in time.

Now, I'm ready to hit the HC and start stitching! I started a little Mill Hill kit of Santa's Coat while at clinic on Tuesday, so I might continue to play with it, or I might play with something new and keep that one in my travel bag.



Who knows? Anything can happen! It's Futzingday!

 

9 comments:

  1. You will get there!! When I retired, I sat down and figured out what day of the week it was best to do different chores. That kept me from waiting until the weekend to try to cram everything in. It really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL to have you back and gaining strength, Coni!!! What an amazing journey this has been for you, JR, and for your "followers". So excited about you having a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great. am decorating chez moi today, and pacing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 20+ years later I still end up doing laundry on the weekend...might not be every weekend. You'll get a new schedule going, but maybe a schedule isn't really necessary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good futzingday! It sounds ideal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good futzing day you had, Coni! The 'hurry, hurry, hurry' will slow down over time. But until it does, go with the flow. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a productive futzingday. I hope you were able to relax the rest of the day with your stitching!

    ReplyDelete